Emachine Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyLoo

Beta member
I've recently gotten an emachine from my dad ("An emachine? WHY?!" I can imagine you all screaming now!), and am wondering what type of upgrades I can get for it, and if I would be able to take the parts from the emachine and put them into an old PC case (as its bigger and it doesn't look like there is a lot of space left in the emachine case for upgrades). I do have a friend that will be able to help me gut the old case and move the emachine stuff over if I am able to do it at all, but neither of us know if it is a good idea so he suggested I look around online first before we try anything. I am also unable to order things online (no credit card or paypal) but there are local shops here I can check for parts.

I do play World of Warcraft, so I would like something that can run on medium-high graphics with at least 20 fps. I can currently afford around $350 CAD, and possibly another $200 within the next week if I need to dip into that to get what I am looking for in.

My old case does have a fairly new (I think it is new, my dad bought it last year) PSU in it... here is a picture as I'm not sure what information from it anyone would need to know. Everything else from the old case is very old, the pc is 9 years old and was given to me by my dad, so almost everything in there is about ready to die out, besides a new hard drive & the power supply.

Please let me know if there is any other info I can provide about the emachine or old case..I hope this helps.
EL1321-02c
AMD Athlon II X2 215 dual-core processor
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Integrated
3 GB DDR2 memory
220 watt PSU

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. :)
Ruby

what is the model # of the emachines?

and what are those specs you listed from? they can't be from the emachines if it is 9 yrs old, unless they had a time machine o_O

Sorry, I was probably a bit confusing.
The specs are for the emachine which is pretty new I think, and the model is EL1321-02c (I think. That is what shows on the side). The power supply is from the older computer but was just bought last year as a replacement (not for the emachine - but I am wondering if I could use it with the emachine parts if necessary).

You could move all the emachines components into the old case as long as neither use a propriety layout. Certainly there is no harm in trying it.
The PSU should work but since the one it has currrently works fine I see no reason to change it unless the cables won't reach, besides, that sparkle unit is low quality anyway.

Okay, thanks! I saw somewhere that the power supply in emachines always die out really fast, thats why I mentioned the other one I have. :) As for the cables, it looks like they will reach, but I will find that out for sure later tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom