Noob Build...Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you first install your ram it will default to 1333mhz. if the ram you bought is rated to run at 1600mhz, you'll have to do some adjustments in the bios to get it running at it's rated speeds.

someone else picked those same parts on another thread, so heres my response regarding the ram and gfx card.

the psu is a good choice though, stick with that.

if you can afford it, an ssd would be a good addition to your build but only as a primary drive for your OS/programs. if you get one, you should also get a separate hdd for data storage.

this would be a good choice.
Newegg.com - OCZ Agility Series OCZSSD2-1AGT60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Thanks for the reply MuffinMan. I agree with you about the video card, thanks for pointing that out. However, I am very hesitant about the ram. It is vertigo some REAL nasty reviews! I have never built a computer before and would rather not have to OC the ram to get it to work right on my first build. A lot of people were RMA'ing and saying to stay away.

Also, the reviews for the SSD still state they are not worth the price. I may just pick up a standard HDD for now and maybe upgrade when they become more readily available for a better price. Unless I can justify the extra expense.

that sounds like a good idea, and im proud of you for reading any and all reviews you can find. also, a good source for reviews is youtube. ive never not found a review/unboxing for a computer component im interested in on youtube. kinda surprises me everytime.

that sounds like a good idea, and im proud of you for reading any and all reviews you can find. also, a good source for reviews is youtube. ive never not found a review/unboxing for a computer component im interested in on youtube. kinda surprises me everytime.

Thank you kind sir! I do a TON of research when a purchase is over $500. Its kind of annoying, but worth it in the end. Plus, you learn a TON more than the average person and can actually use that product to its full potential. I could in NO WAY have done ANY of this without this great forum. You guys are GREAT and VERY helpful and VERY patient!

On that note. I think i changed my mind YET again, with the ram. I think i am going to go with these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145224

They are getting NOTHING but GREAT reviews! I will definately go through some Youtube videos like you suggested. However, does anyone have any opinions on these with my setup? I think i am pretty much ready to start purchasing. I am going to get the case and the motherboard first...

However, I am very hesitant about the ram. It is vertigo some REAL nasty reviews! I have never built a computer before and would rather not have to OC the ram to get it to work right on my first build. A lot of people were RMA'ing and saying to stay away.

pretty much any component will end up with bad eggs somewhere, that's just the reality of the manufacturing process. i don't understand why you're focusing on negative reviews when 72% of them are 4/5 egg ratings. even the dominators have some bad reviews.

you can get the dominators if you want, i was just trying to save you some money, but just so you know you'll still have to do some tweaking in the bios to get them to run at their rated speeds.

good luck with your build though :thumbsup:.

pretty much any component will end up with bad eggs somewhere, that's just the reality of the manufacturing process. i don't understand why you're focusing on negative reviews when 72% of them are 4/5 egg ratings. even the dominators have some bad reviews.

you can get the dominators if you want, i was just trying to save you some money, but just so you know you'll still have to do some tweaking in the bios to get them to run at their rated speeds.

good luck with your build though :thumbsup:.

I appreciate you trying to save me money. And you are right, every product is going to have some bad reviews, bit it seems that almost every review I read was negative and people warnin to stay away. I hop you dot take it the wrong way. I do appreciate you suggestions. And as far as tweaking, I understand that I will have to play around some with the bios, but I would like to be in here as little as possible. I am NOT experienced with changing the biossettings around, but I will do my research and learn my way through it.

Again though, thank you for your suggestions!

I think you should save your cash and get the OCZ modules. The Dominator memory your looking at isn't any better or faster than the OCZ Golds. There prettier and they cost more.... Some of the Dominator GT memory is faster, but your looking at $500 to get 6GB of Dominator GT DDR3 2000 7-8-7-20.

I have 12GB of OCZ in my Office PC and it runs perfectly at 1600MHz.

As for Newegg reviews, anybody can write a Newegg review, you don't even have to buy anything. And you can pick any Tech Level you want, as in the the guy who just built his 1st PC but he claim to be a High Tech Level. If your buying components based off of Newegg reviews your asking for disappointment.

Slaymate is 100% right on the reviews at newegg, but just because anyone can write a review and claim they know what they are talking about, doesnt ( in my mind ) mean that all the reviews are fools gold. i think its good to read them, but dig deeper than just the reviews on newegg, which you have.

I agree 100% with both of you. However, I have been all over the net reading reviews and I seemed they were better. That being said, maybe ill go with the ones you stated because you recommended them. I appreciate it, so thank you! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom