CPU overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im thinking of just drilling holes in the side of my case because it works well when the side panel is off.

well the easy thing for you to do is to just drill a 8cm or a 9.2 cm hole (80mm or 92mm) right above the cpu on the side panel so the hole points right at the cpu.. and then just buy a quality case fan such as a aerocool x-cooler or a vantec tornado and just install it using the screws that come with it and a drill with the proper bit :)

yup instead of a vantec tornado or something get a led fan.. (one with lights and clear blades) :).. not as much power but itll still help

Temps in the 40's and mid 50's are fine for AMD's, They can usually take up to 65C pretty easily, but I personally dont like it up there. My 2400+ XP would be at 64C idle and it was like that for months. It probably was just your ram giving you troubles. When you get the new ram try some memory diagnostics. Your temps that you posted dont seem high enough to cause the system to shut down unless you have its shut down temperature at that temp

well turns out the cpu was fine it was the GPU that was over heating and it just shut down. so im gonna carve a cool design in the glass of the case to get more air flow. do you guys think that will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom