Noob Build...Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you will be much happier with the Cooler Master HAF 932. its a pretty bullet proof case and its getting awesome reviews across the board. after suggesting it to you ive read/ watched every review i can find and im going to get it here pretty soon. kinda excited.

I like the 932 but I have been reading about this case. You think its worth the money or just go with the other 932 because the shipping is free. Here is the one I been looking at.

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Blue RC-932-KKN3-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Just to let you know, you need the full tower like Memory said, because the cooler is huge, and got nothing really to do with the future.

Hafs a nice case, maybe double check the cooler fits.

Yea I think I'm going to go with the HAF. I don't think ill need that cooler though, because almost every review says the airflow is amazing. I found this case...Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Blue RC-932-KKN3-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case. But is it really worth the price or should I go with the one mentioned before, which has free shipping...?

do you mean the Red 932 has free shipping? it all depends on what you want, if you want the blue one bad enough to pay for shipping then get the blue one, if you like the red one, then you get a bonus of free shipping.

do you mean the Red 932 has free shipping? it all depends on what you want, if you want the blue one bad enough to pay for shipping then get the blue one, if you like the red one, then you get a bonus of free shipping.

Yea, thats what i meant. I think i may go with the Blue one...I like it and its getting some pretty solid reviews. Now i need to find a motherboard. Any one that you would recommend for an i7 930 build?

I have read reviews on that board for over 2 hours :dead::dead: and it seems to be the best one out there for the money. Thanks for the recommendation. I also got a few other parts that id like to run by you guys if you dont mind...

GPU - Newegg.com - XFX HD-587X-ZNDC Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) XXX Edition 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

PSU - Newegg.com - CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

RAM - Newegg.com - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMP6GX3M3A1600C8
(Although, there is not many reviews on it. I will have to do some more searching to see whats up.)

What do you guys think of that combo with the mother board, HAF 932..

Oh yea, i am still debating on going SSD or just a standard 1TB 7200 Western Digital Hard Drive...

hi omag i like your setup, but I am also building a gaming system with an i7 chipset and after reading some articles I found out that the i7 doesn't support memory faster than 1333mhz , triple channel so a 1600mhz would just be for bragging rights.

hi omag i like your setup, but I am also building a gaming system with an i7 chipset and after reading some articles I found out that the i7 doesn't support memory faster than 1333mhz , triple channel so a 1600mhz would just be for bragging rights.

when you first install your ram it will default to 1333mhz. if the ram you bought is rated to run at 1600mhz, you'll have to do some adjustments in the bios to get it running at it's rated speeds.

I have read reviews on that board for over 2 hours :dead::dead: and it seems to be the best one out there for the money. Thanks for the recommendation. I also got a few other parts that id like to run by you guys if you dont mind...

GPU - Newegg.com - XFX HD-587X-ZNDC Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) XXX Edition 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

PSU - Newegg.com - CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

RAM - Newegg.com - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMP6GX3M3A1600C8
(Although, there is not many reviews on it. I will have to do some more searching to see whats up.)

What do you guys think of that combo with the mother board, HAF 932..

Oh yea, i am still debating on going SSD or just a standard 1TB 7200 Western Digital Hard Drive...

someone else picked those same parts on another thread, so heres my response regarding the ram and gfx card.

you could save $50 by getting this set of ram instead.
Newegg.com - OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK
same speed, same timings.

get the non xxx 5870 instead.
Newegg.com - XFX HD-587X-ZNFV Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
they are charging you $40 more for a pitiful 25mhz core OC and 50mhz memory OC which you can very easily do yourself.

the psu is a good choice though, stick with that.

if you can afford it, an ssd would be a good addition to your build but only as a primary drive for your OS/programs. if you get one, you should also get a separate hdd for data storage.

this would be a good choice.
Newegg.com - OCZ Agility Series OCZSSD2-1AGT60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom