Dual TFT display problem on 6800ultra card

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthxdie

Beta member
Hi everyone :) hope someone can help 'cause no one else has been able to so far...
I just got another TFT for a dual display setup and when i have both hooked up by the DVI's on my Nvidia 6800ultra the second display has some fussy red and white pixels that keep moving about near the center right of the screen... before you say it, they aint defective pixels on the TFT, and if i swap displays around the the other display will do it, its whatever display is in the second DVI.
On my old ATI graphics card (9700pro) when i just had a single display i would get the exact same problem but in the catalyst driver software it had two options "reduce DVI frequency on high resolution display" and "alternate DVI operational mode" when they were both checked it fixed the problem so i'm kinda sure it might be the same thing with my 6800 and its driver software but i cant find any options like that in the driver software...
Can anyone help at all?

make your profile (seperate) and adjust monitors. and then again see if it works well.

do not use latest nView driver in it, choose some earlier version. what ever u choose, make a seperate profile to adjust monitors.

I tried that and it has not helped. But when i adjust stuff like the gamma/contrast for second display in the drivers it can help make less red and white dots. I've tried the 61.77, 66.52 and 66.81 drivers aswell
And the displays i'm using are the one you have in your sig Blind_Arrow... two Viewsonic VP211B's

Consult NVIDIA's doco and website for information on the settings you need for using dual displays out of yer card. I had similar problems (problems with one display looking different than the other) and had to fiddle with the frequencies and filtering. Also, some dual-display modes work differently (are processed differently) than others. I believe the 6800's have 4 dual-display modes. It's also possible you could have a faulty DVI adapter, or a bad cable.

How did you alter the frequency for the display? I think that may fix the problem. i also have one display looking slightly different to the other, i've got it as best i can by changing gamma/color/contrast but its still a little different.
Thanks for the help...

Its a Point of View 6800 ultra. It could be the second DVI connector thats faulty but its the same thing i had with my 9700pro when i just had one display and i had to change the frequency settings to fix it but Nvidia dont seem to have options like that in there drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom