Status
Not open for further replies.

tecklym

Beta member
Here are my computer Specs

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Asus Motherboard, (to lazy to open up)
4 gigs of ram
2 1tb hardrives, (don't thing it matters)
2 5770 on crossfire,

I have the five monitors, but I have not been able to get a straight answer on how to setup,
I also want to know if I will be able to game on the whole setup ones configured, I heard Eyefinity should take care of the gamming part on multiple monitors,

Well heres the question I have 5 Monitors and 5 DVI cables, Today I went in search of a DP to DVI converter but couldn't find any, so Is there another way to accomplish this withouth the DP and still be able to game, I mean both graphic cards have hdmi aswell couldn't I hook up the fifth one to it, Also I want to game on this so yeah, Thanks in advance.

I thought EyeFinity wasn't enabled on multi-card setups?

when the 5xxx series cards were first released there was no support for crossfire + eyefinity (aside from the 5970), but they've since released driver updates so crossfire + eyefinity does work now.

if you're going to setup 5 monitors, i think you're going to need atleast 1 active displayport adapter because only 3 monitors max are supported per card, so you would be hooking up 3 monitors to the 1st card and 2 monitors to the 2nd card.

and even if your card(s) have more than 3 video outputs each, like if they have 2 dvi's, 1 hdmi and 1 dp, you can only use 3 monitors max per card and in any way you set em up, one of them HAS to be hooked up to the displayport connection.

with 1 hooked up to dp, the other 2 monitors can be hooked up to either both dvi's or 1 to dvi and 1 to hdmi.

you can't do 2 monitors to both dvi's and 1 to hdmi, that won't work. like i said, in a 3 monitor setup (per 1 card) one has to be hooked up to dp. if your monitors don't have a dp connection, then you'll be needing an active displayport adapter like this one.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=330-5521

so i guess hypothetically now, you would have 3 monitors hooked up and 2 remaining. the other 2 monitors i think you will be able to hook up straight to both dvi's on the second card.

yea there's the 5870 6 edition, and i think xfx and sapphire are coming outwith 5970 6 editions too later on. and there that 5770 5 edition, idk if that will be coming out any time soon, and theres also the 5970 "12" edition with 12 mini-dp ports.

but i think he already has the 2 5770's though; he can still make it work with a setup like that.

when the 5xxx series cards were first released there was no support for crossfire + eyefinity (aside from the 5970), but they've since released driver updates so crossfire + eyefinity does work now.

if you're going to setup 5 monitors, i think you're going to need atleast 1 active displayport adapter because only 3 monitors max are supported per card, so you would be hooking up 3 monitors to the 1st card and 2 monitors to the 2nd card.

and even if your card(s) have more than 3 video outputs each, like if they have 2 dvi's, 1 hdmi and 1 dp, you can only use 3 monitors max per card and in any way you set em up, one of them HAS to be hooked up to the displayport connection.

with 1 hooked up to dp, the other 2 monitors can be hooked up to either both dvi's or 1 to dvi and 1 to hdmi.

you can't do 2 monitors to both dvi's and 1 to hdmi, that won't work. like i said, in a 3 monitor setup (per 1 card) one has to be hooked up to dp. if your monitors don't have a dp connection, then you'll be needing an active displayport adapter like this one.
DELL DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI Adapter for OptiPlex / Latitude / Alienware Laptops / Precision/ Precision Mobile Workstations : Desktop Accessories | Dell

so i guess hypothetically now, you would have 3 monitors hooked up and 2 remaining. the other 2 monitors i think you will be able to hook up straight to both dvi's on the second card.

I see exactly what I suspected, but will any Displayport to DVI work or does it have to be the one you linked, Because I was going to go purchase this one but know you got me thinking,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom