Laptop Car charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I have this:

HP Pavilion dv6-1268nr AMD Turion X2 Ultra ZM-82(2.20GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 NoteBook
Customer Reviews Of HP Pavilion dv6-1268nr NoteBook AMD Turion X2 Ultra ZM-82(2.20GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

This is probably a dumb question, but would I be safe using it in a car hooked up with this:
Universal Car DC Charger Adapter for Laptop HP IBM Sony - eBay (item 280409196255 end time Jun-09-10 14:13:31 PDT)

I just want to make sure I'm not going to short something out or anything because of like different currents or something.

You might be better off using a converter. I have a 95w converter and it would charge my laptop off, but if i turned it on while charging the fuse would blow. I cant really say anything on the universal charger cause ive never read up on one before.

I want something that I can have hooked up to my laptop while using it. Any specific recommendations?

Could always just get a power inverter for your car, that way you dont have to get another cable, and you can power other AC items in your car if you wanted as well. There's different inverters (i.e. different wattage ratings). I know they sell 'em at RadioShack.

How much wattage would I need to watch movies and maybe game a bit on that thing? I'm going to be going on a trip somewhere with a 12 hour car ride in less than 2 weeks. It seems like getting an inverter to power a laptop would be quite a bit more expensive even if I didn't buy that sketchy branded charger.

Could always just get a power inverter for your car, that way you dont have to get another cable, and you can power other AC items in your car if you wanted as well. There's different inverters (i.e. different wattage ratings). I know they sell 'em at RadioShack.

This is what i was talking about.

When i was younger me and my family took a trip up the east coast to Maine. I ran an Xbox and a mobile screen while charging my phone at the same time on a 300w. I would say that should suffice.

I've never had any problems with the ones that I've sold. They've all worked for people just fine.

I have just settle for a cheap power inverter for my car. They might be a little bigger than the laptop car charger, but at least it means that I can power other electronics too. Eg. Phone, PSP, etc.

The little 95w i was talking about charges everything besides my laptop while its on. When its off it charges it just fine. I think a 150w would probably be fine for anything i actually bring in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom