Buying Parts, need a compatibility check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also would like some input on this build, I'm looking at the same combo.

Looking for a sub $1000 system, all components + monitor + keyboard + mouse

- The above 6 item combo
- Random DVD burner
- Newegg.com - XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
- Newegg.com - SAMSUNG P2250 Rose Black 21.5" 2ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 50000:1(1000:1)
- Randome keyboard and mouse combo

Any input on the monitor? The build is mostly for my brother who is a big gamer, every and any game he can get his hands on. No OS needed, he's working for Microsoft and gets his software there.

Edit:

What about this i5 combo as a comparisson:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.407840

don't know much about the monitor, but for the rig itself, what about this?
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

totals $775 + shipping.

you'll notice that with this build (compared to that 1st combo), you'll lose 2 cores and some storage space amongst other things, but overall this would be a more powerful gaming rig.

just another option to consider (for both you guys, and yes Emptyvoid all the parts that Trotter suggested would work together).

Nice finds....took a look myself and maybe change just a couple little things for a mobo with 2 pci-e slots.

And the rest:

What do you think now? Any holes...improvements? Again, gaming is probably the biggest push for him. He also does a lot of programming, is working for microsoft for the summer as an intern. But that doesn't demand much right?

for gaming, it's lookin good.

honestly though, i have no idea if he'll have issues or not doing this "programming" you speak of on a rig like that :sweat: :p.

The power supply I got was OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7

My question is that this powersupply has three main sections of cables coming out of it. It has a 20pin +4 pin connector which fits fine on the 24 pin connector on my mobo. Then there is a 4 pin 12V connector and an 8 pin 12 v connector. My question is, my mobo only has room for the 4 pin 12 V connector, is it normal to have the 8 pin 12 v connector just not being used? I just found it strange but there's absolutely no where it seems it can fit on the mobo. Here is the motherboard by the way if it helps.

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

yea thats fine.

they give you the option of using either connection because some mobos use the 4 pin and others use the 8 pin.

yea thats fine.

they give you the option of using either connection because some mobos use the 4 pin and others use the 8 pin.

Thanks for the very quick response muffin man! First time putting a computer together, its complicated but makes sense at the same time.

Realized the molex connector needs to go into the PSU and if i read the mobo manual correctly, it shouldn't really matter where i put the usb cables.

The molex cable is too short to reach the PSU...trying to figure out how the **** to make it reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom