Pentium Dual Core E6600 in a PCChips P43G

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSzaday

Baseband Member
So I ordered a Pentium Dual Core E6600 (3.06 Ghz, 1006 Mhz FSB) for a really low budget system. The mother board i got was a PCChips P43G. So tiger direct says that it is compatible with all Pentium Dual Cores, as they are all mostly the same technology, but when I got the motherboard, the guide said it only supports the E21xx series.Im just guessing that the guide has not been updated for a while, because its copyright is '07. And ive even heard people with "incompatible" mobos swap from a E21xx to an e6600. Plus, on intels site they say the G31 Express ICH7 is compatible with the chip. So, the bottom line is, will they be compatible?

Tigers Link:
PCChips P43G Motherboard - Intel G31 Express, Socket 775, MicroATX, Audio, Video, PCI Express, LAN, USB 2.0, Serial ATA at TigerDirect.com

Thats the Core 2 Duo E6600 though, this is a Pentium. But I think it'll work to, Because even though it says up to 21xx on the main page, that page says support goes up to e54xx

hmm, that is not altogether convincing. When i get my case, ill test it, and hopefully itll work >_<

Wish me luck!
JSzaday

btw-I will reply here after testing to tell if it works or not

It does work!!! Super fast, now my issue is i cant port 7 unto it, it just will not boot, the installer does not start, it just sits there... Maybe i shoud wait longer, i waited about 1 min at the max :p But as of Right now, i have xp running, im posting from the build now...

Final Build:
Mobo: PCChips P43G
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core
HDD: 120 GB Maxell (Plan to upgrade, but it is plenty for me as i can barely fill 35 GB :p)
DVD: Liteonit DVD-RW IDE Drive
RAM: 2 GB 800Mhz DDR2 (Plan to upgrade also, maxing it out to 4 GB)
OS: Windows XP Pro SP3 (I want 7, but again it will not run...)
Cooling Fans: Cpu, stock, Case Dual Antec Double Ball Bearing 3 Speed fans (quite at L, but louder at M)
Wireless Card: Microsoft MN-730

thats pretty much it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom