I5 750 vs x6 1055T - With a twist

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is your ignoring good advise because you've read an old review. The fact is, Crossfire doesn't scale 2 cards out perfectly. In one game 2 gpu's may perform great while in another game the 2nd card may give you a minimal performance boost. The 5870 is the better setup overall, if you can't afford the 5870 that fine, but don't use old outdated info as a source to prove me wrong. With that said, Good Luck :D

Ok but does 1x 5870 perform 33% better on average? Because it's 33% more expensive than 2x 5770's.

Are new drivers seriously going to bump up the figures that much? I'm happy to know, if they do! And I'm not ignoring advice, I'm happy to take on board any valid points. Given my budget of £850 for the base unit, I wouldn't be able to get a 5870 in there anyway. But why would I want to? Have the drivers improved that much since Guru's review? Because their review showed 2x 5770's outpacing 1x5870 in most games and UNLESS the driver improvements have ramped up the 5870's performance by AT LEAST 33%, then the 5770 crossfire idea is better performance-per-pound, given the price difference.

If I'm wrong, let me know, but I'd like to be able to read some review or benchmark results showing that Guru's review is that out of wack ;)

Look, if gaming is a big issue, then the i5-750 without even any thought involved... simple as that. If you are a particular gfx editor, then you can squeeze good juice out of the amd.

I normally would go for amd back in the day but in this particular case, those amd's mentioned and a similar priced i5 for gaming leaves the i5 as the only* choice.

But... going SLI with low end cards (well, let's face it, they ain't top end), is a waste .. again, all the tips of going the single card.. is the way to go.
However.. say it IS cheaper and you insist doing so.. ok... but then... even more so, if you do this for gaming... you get the i5.

If you are serious about the gonna last for years.. you are gonna cry over the AMD choice... it's a shame but it's a fact.. however, if gaming is not* top issue.. then ok... amd might be worth to get to save in on the bucks for the single gfx.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom