Upgrading - Compatibility Check Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to run Crysis2 OK, maybe not at the "Highest" settings available but still good enough to be proud :thumbsup:

Those OCZ memory modules should work great. Newegg reviews really don't mean much, a large number of the reviews posted are made by people with no experience or knowledge. You don't even have to buy the product to make a review and you can check any experience level you want.

OCZ is a very reputable company, while no one can guarantee that you won't have a problem, the chances of a problem are slim.

Awesome, ordering the parts in the morning... So last double check on compatibility, this is the finished product:

Case: Alienware Area 51 Blue Tower Case

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 | Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus Evo 785G | Newegg.com - ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

Memory: 4GB OCZ DDR3 | Newegg.com - OCZ Special Ops Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3SOE1600LV4GK

Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 5770 | Newegg.com - XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Power Supply: Turbo-Cool 510 ATX Deluxe | http://www.bigbruin.net/reviewpics/pcpower510/pcpower510-69-b.jpg

Optical Drives: Plextor Premium CD/RW | Plextor Premium DVD/R

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

HD1: 70GB Raptor 10k RPM

HD2: 160GB Western Digital Cavair 7200 RPM | Newegg.com - Recertified: Western Digital Caviar Blue RFHWD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Good to go? :)

And a separate question, what OS's support DirectX11? Wiki says Vista SP2 only? Can't be right can it.

list looks good to go.

vista sp2 and win7 have support for dx11.

Okay, I'll just install Vista then until I can get a copy of Win7 put on. I can upgrade the Vista to SP2 via internet right?

I've always just used XP since I heard so many bad Vista stories but looks like it's finally out of date.

Thanks for all your help guys, just placed the order. Got a few extra flash drives and HDMI cables thrown in for free too, I guess one of their promotion things.

Now lets just hope the build goes according to plan :)

Oh I'll take pics don't worry!

I am cheating though I'll admit it. I have a guy from Craigslist coming to coach me through the process, first build... hate to make a $550 mistake.

I've always just used XP since I heard so many bad Vista stories but looks like it's finally out of date.

I don't understand this...... Vista x64 has been flawless for me. I do no maintenance or anything what so ever to my compters, an i've had no problems.

I think people are still living in the early years where vista was heavy on the equipment and bogged down the system.

I don't understand this...... Vista x64 has been flawless for me. I do no maintenance or anything what so ever to my compters, an i've had no problems.

I think people are still living in the early years where vista was heavy on the equipment and bogged down the system.

I really can't speak on it, I've never personally used Vista. But I did do a virus removal for a friend on her Vista and I hated the interface, all the restore stuff is renamed or slightly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom