Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Did you get your 900 new retail? The newer ones are all black on the inside.

It's the 900 v2 thats all black. You can still buy the 900v1 everywhere.

CalcProg, problem I see with your skirt/box thing is you'll be stopping the bottom fan from pushing in air.

I too say break out the dremel. Drill a few holes to route the panel wires will be a blessing.

Even I did a hack job on mine and it cleaned up alot... thought 2 260's and the silverstone take up ALOT of space.

black%2Bspray%2Bpaint.jpg

Needs a serious case of that. Not necessarily high gloss but you get what i mean. Ever since i was introduced to the wonders of black insides i never went back.

I love black painted cases too, I've been wanting to do my cm690. Maybe as a summer project (never painted anything before :p).

Its not that hard. As a 10 minute project for one of my exs (was gf at the time) i grabbed 2 cans of paint from walmart and just sprayed the crap outa her case. Turned out ok.

Here is my updated rig with a new watercooled setup... Let me know what you all think...

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

CPU Block - Heat Killer 3.0
GPU - Koolance VID-NX295
Pump - Swiftech MPC355 with XSPC Res Top
Rad - Swiftech MCR320-QP x1 and Swiftech MCR220-QP x1
Tubing - Feser Blue UV
Fittings - All Bitspower Shining Silver Compression

I like the blue against the black...not too crazy looking, very well done.

9.5/10 on the wire management, pretty much perfect. I second Burn's suggestions on the tube routing.

very nice wire management, but i would redo the tubing. it looks a bit disorganized atm

Maybe like this?
72112486.png

So you are saying run to both rads then the blocks? Right now I'm spliting the rads up between the blocks. I thought it would be better for cooling but I am new to this. Was I wrong in thinking this?

I'll change this up here pretty soon and post some new pics...

Do some temp measurements with your current setup, run LinX and stress the CPU for ~20 minutes, and stress the GPU with FurMark for 20 mins too
Then run the same test again with the new configuration.

Post your results! I'd be very interested in how things turn out

So you are saying run to both rads then the blocks? Right now I'm spliting the rads up between the blocks. I thought it would be better for cooling but I am new to this. Was I wrong in thinking this?

I'll change this up here pretty soon and post some new pics...
The gains are VERY minimal, less than half a degree. Just route the tubing however is neatest. In theory the way you routed the tubes makes complete sense, but because the water is moving so fast (1.5GPM+ i would say in your case) the changes in temperature from one block to the next are very small. See the link below

I'd be very interested in how things turn out
Test Report: Loop Order, does it make a difference? - XtremeSystems Forums

Back
Top Bottom