VOoDOo antec skeleton mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReU_VOoDOo

Baseband Member
Hi, all this is a log of my progress soo far, i have been posting on another site but i found this one and figured i could post here. So I am going to copy and paste what i have so far from the other site.

I am going to be starting a new case mod.....correction first case mod ever for me and would like to post progess as well as recieve tips from all you pros. any input will be appreciated. just started painting today making the case all gloss black with neon blue accents to go with uv blue lighting here are some pics of the paint in progress

100_3269.jpg

Just got the special blue paint i had mixed, i figured i would show you how it looked so far. all i have done is paint the inside of the cowling and edge the antec cutout to make i pop a little bit here are the pics.

100_3277.jpg

here are some pics of my setup/situation

First up is the "Console of Glutony" freshly painted, this is where my key board and mouse go when im playing on the plasma.

100_3280.jpg

I made this console using the science lab table tops made out of hard (i mean very hard) compressed plastic, the kind you would find in an biology classroom, or labratory

Next up is the button panel i edged around the button holes just like i did the antec logo. i still need to finish though (few rough edges)

100_3283.jpg

So now i guess i can show where the "Console of Glutony" and my skeleton (still working on proper title for her) are going to call home

100_3289.jpg

THe skeleton is going to replace this POS sitting in bottom left coner of the entertainment center. notice the led's above that light the enertainment center, might replace the led with a ccfl for he skelly

plan to use the uv spray on all the parts as well

*EDIT* in case you were wondering the TV is a 58" Samsung pn58b650 along with a yamaha htr-5930 5.1 dts dd reciever, yes i watch a lot of movies on there in full 720p DTS 5.1 @ 1509kbps, and yes it yes lovley. but it will be much better watching real blu-rays from he skelly once i get her done. O and games are run at 1080p watch the movies in 720p.

Trying my hand at some cable managment tonight with limited success. I got some some wire heatshrink from autozone yesterday that matched my color almost perfectly so i figured i would give i a shot. worked ok for the smaller mobo connections bu couldnt get it around the blocks on the ends of the usb e-sata and others, so have to find alternitives for those. also painted the edges of the connections for he buton panel heres some pics.

100_3299.jpg

100_3300.jpg

100_3298.jpg

100_3297.jpg

here are some pics of the power and reset buttons with the wire heatshrink

100_3295.jpg

and thats all i got for now, if you look close enough you can tell where i painted one of the wires, he he got a little carried away with the ligher! lol. that reminds me if any of you decide to do this.....use a heatgun!!! it will save your fingers and save you from painting the wires! loo

o yea tha my old pc she runs good but is just an eyesore so im actually gonna take it out back and.........not shoot it with a gun but some spray paint! lol any ideas on how to sleeve/paint or whatever for the other cables? they are to small for my sleves that i have for the psu

Both made in Photoshop. Thanks :D

anyone happen to know where to get neon blue uv cable sleeving i can only find true blue and i found some automotive slleving thats neon blue but its very expensive and its too big for my smaller wires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom