Micro ATX Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ok so that means that the one that was 230 watts not good at all? I did notice that the one that is 230 watts has 12+ on 12A. The one that was for 275 watts but normal runs in 250 watts says 12+ on 9A. Someone told me that if I were to add a new video card I need at least around 10A or more to be good. Eather way it would be alot easier for me to buy the 230 watt one since it's around $19 and also I can use PayPal to pay for it.

Of cource the 450 watt one has 20A so that would be best but it will cost more. But I can get it still since it uses PayPal to pay for it. But the thing is since my motherboard doesn't use much power should the 230 watt be enough? Since right now my current power supply has only 4A so basicly it doesn't use much power at all. I actualy think that if I got this 230 watt power supply I can even add a GeForce 9500 GT 1GB PCI video card.

Heres that video card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814139046

But of cource I don't have that much money so I can't get that card even it would be the best. But maybe when I save more I can get it in the future. Maybe at most I can get $50 card but that will still take a while before I can get even that.

So probley I should get something like the GeForce 6200 or ATI Radeon 9250 or something like that.

But I still need to know if my current 150 watt power supply can do the ATI Radeon 9250 or the GeForce FX series or 6200 since those are older cards. Problem is I don't know how much power is my motherboard using but 48 watts for the 12+ is all I got.

But I may be all wrong since maybe that 12+ isn't that important. I just heard about this from someone else.

I don't think the 150W will cut it for a 9250, the Diamond brand claims 230W as min. Reality is about 200W will do it though.

BTW your psu should have about a 10Amp rating not 4, its usually Watts/12V = Amps give or take.

Seing the spec's for a 9250, that 230W should work. The 6200 states a bit higher at 300W.

So it's probley the best if I got the 450 watt power supply for future upgrades. Or do you think that the 230 watt one is overall better?

Someone did say that the GeForce 8400 GS will use 20 watts max and they know it forsure. If that's the case will the 230 watt power supply work for something like the GeForce 6200?

I'm not at all sure about the 20W for the 8400. The specs usually just say an overall system wattage, which is in reality alittle lower.

The 450 should give enough upgrade room, and the 230 should be alright for your current plans.

Ya it really gets confusing when people say this and then others say that so I just get confused alot. So I guess the best for the long run is to get the 450 watt then I don't need to upgrade looks like.

But the thing is that I don't have enough money to really buy the high end video cards so eather way I would probley buy the GeForce FX series or ATI Radeon 9250.

I guess I think I will just buy the 230 watts since eather way I won't have enough money to buy a high end card.

How about a ATI Radeon 7200 PCI card that is 32mb? Will this card work on my current 150 watt power supply? This is an older card than the 9250 so I thought maybe it will work and still be an upgrade. The only reason why I can say this card is still an upgrade is since it has T&L feature that my current onboard video chip doesn't have. If this card will work then I can just cancel the order I made for the power supply and that would save me money.

Here is a list of things connected to my motherboard of cource the motherboard will use some power.

2 CD drives one is CD-RW one is DVD player

20gb hard drive

Floppy drive

56K V92 fax modem

Wireless adapter PCI

My system specs

1 gHz Celeron

512mb PC100 ram

20GB hard drive

Intel 3D Direct AGP

AC'97 sound card

Windows XP Home SP3

I hope the ATI Radeon 7200 PCI will work on this machine.

Ok I am soo glad I didn't need to buy a new power supply since my ATI Radeon 7200 PCI card works perfectly fine. I don't know why you guys said no video cards will work on my system but it seems like the Radeon 7200 works and I noticed that my games run alot smoother and not as choppy. I thought since my Intel video chip was AGP it was a good IGP but I guess since the Radeon 7200 has T&L feature it makes a huge difference. So basicly my 150 watts power supply works. Also I did before contacted ATI techs and they said my power supply should work when they say the specs of it.

But they did say if I wanted to have a Radeon 9250 then I need at least a 200 watt power supply so when I save up more money I will upgrade my power supply and then get maybe the 9250 or GeForce 6200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom