$1000 Budget on Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

VishKapish

Baseband Member
I'm looking into buying a gaming laptop for around $1000. Screen should be anywhere from 13 to 17 inches. I want to know what websites to start looking at and what sort of hardware I should expect with my budget. Any recommendations would be great.

Also, there's quite a few Core 2 Duo processors out there, could someone explain the differences between them?

For gaming, laptops are often not the answer. Heat is the #1 factor. The laptop we often suggest here for gaming is the Alienware M11x. It is good money for its performance.

As for Core 2 Duos, the difference are the clocks they are set at. On laptops, they are 99% not overclockable. What you see is what you get. i3, i5 and i7 are of the new age. They do pack more of a punch with 4 cores. (think thats right in layman terms)

Well I'm going to college and decided against a desktop because I wanted the portability. I'm not a hardcore gamer and don't play the latest games either. I've seen the M11x, but I don't need a laptop that small and I know I can get a better performing laptop for that price. And I believe the i3, 5 and 7 are 2 cores hyperthreaded to 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom