warrenty

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
i have a old gigabyte 7vm400m and it developed a intermittent fault, not of my own, but i want some tips of getting it fixed or replaced through gigabyte, by the way im in australia.

waynejkruse10 said:
i have a old gigabyte 7vm400m and it developed a intermittent fault, not of my own, but i want some tips of getting it fixed or replaced through gigabyte, by the way im in australia.

Is there a warranty tag with the letter's TBC written on it?

Well, that not one my motherboard then as I have wholesaled quite a few of those.

Okay, what about a import tag, normally around where the PRINTER PORT (or ever i have seen it pop up elsewhere). It's a small white tag with a black circle with tick on in it, followed by a number. If you tell me what that number is, I MIGHT be able to ID the distributor.

This is there to show which company imported the product. By Law it should have it if it's going via proper import channels.

The only reason why i might not have this that the sourse for the person you purchased the motherboard from is parralle importing or is selling you grey-ware.

How long have you had that motherboard? Gigabyte Motherboards normally come with 2 year warranty.

Here a pic of the import tag that you want to look for. The number that follows it is the code for the distributor.

I do know the office for gigabyte repairs is down in melbourne. I am not sure who Gigabyte outsoursed for this job. I suspect that it either Ingram Micro or Synnex.

God help you as if it's either of these companies. But if you have a email with an RMA number from Gigabyte and instuctions to take to some where, then at least you have your foot in the door.

Question... what is stopping you from taking this motherboard back to the person you purchased it from?

i cant find the sticker simelar to the one you posted, but there is another one on the printer port, it looks someting like this.

68|1-2|A19| |306308F|
--------------------------------
PT|ICT|FQC|QA|LOT NO |

thats suppost to be a table, by the way its orange and its on top of the printer port.

well whats stopping me from returning it to the person i bought it from is that i bought it off some computer market and there hard to track down,

waynejkruse10 said:
i cant find the sticker simelar to the one you posted, but there is another one on the printer port, it looks someting like this.

68|1-2|A19| |306308F|
--------------------------------
PT|ICT|FQC|QA|LOT NO |

thats suppost to be a table, by the way its orange and its on top of the printer port.

I know that that is, but that is not going to help much.

waynejkruse10 said:
well whats stopping me from returning it to the person i bought it from is that i bought it off some computer market and there hard to track down,
One of the reason why I don't buy anything more than a 10/100 Network Card and Cat5e Cabling from those guys. Sound like this has been parrelle imported. I F**KING HATE THOSE GUYS!!!!

Since this looks like it has been parrelle imported, the only thing that I can advise that you do is that you try to contact Gigabyte Directly via Email and see if you can get a RMA and Directions on where you can take this motherboard.
Giving it back to me or giving it over to one of the 3 current NSW distributors is going to be a waste of time. It's obvious that this board did not come through any of those channel, and with that being sead, they will not want to touch as they have no obligation.

I am not sure if this is going to help, but there is :-
Gigabyte Technology
U 3/ 6 Garden Rd Clayton Vic 3168
Phone :- (03) 8561 6200
I am not sure if these are the people that you need to talk to, but I do know that the repair center is in Victora. And these are the only number that is matching up with the name gigabyte.
If these people are the currect people to talk to, I suggest that you ROLE PLAY yourself being a COMPUTER CONSULTANT who's customer's motherboard as gone down. The wholesaler that the board was purchase from as gone out of business/or as not been contactable at thier old number, how ever you do know that motherboard is still covered my the 2 year manufacture's warranty.

I have found that a lot of the repair centres do not like dealing with end users down here (unless it's come via the proper distribution channels). However if you make it sound like you know what you are talking about and that you are under a bit of heat from "your client", they might just offer you an RMA and tell you to send the board back down to them.

Expect a 2 week turn around time (depending on RA Stock) for your motherboard.

Let me know how you go. Let me know if that is the right phone number.

[edit]BTW, there is a GIGABYTE up in CASTLE HILL NSW.

DO NOT CONTACT THESE GUYS.

They are not in any way connected to the motherboard company.[/edit]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom