Micro ATX Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin_Broke

Banned
Which power supply should I get for my eMachines T1100? Of cource I prefer the cheaper one that is 230 watts if it's good enough.

GREEN 450W Micro ATX MATX SATA With 20/24 Power Supply

+3.3V ~ 20A, +5V ~ 26A, +12V ~ 20A, -12V ~ 0.8A, +5vsb ~ 2.5A

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110405658723&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

NEW 230-WATT Micro ATX SFX Power Supply for HP eMachine

+3.3@20A, +5@25A, +12@13A, -12@0.8A +5vsb@2A -5@0.5A

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290386182740&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Well right now I have 150 watts max power power supply. About the price Ebay is cheaper since Newegg cost more because of shipping and some items on Ebay are a better deal.

Heres a pic of my power supply specs.

Picture043.jpg

Unless is my power supply ok or good enough if I wanted to add a new video card like the ATI Radeon 9250 or GeForce FX series or something like those cards?

Your current psu, and the 230W won't really be enough to power a good video card too.

Since youre looking for as cheap as possible, i guess you might get a deal from ebay, but those brands scare me... But thats me.

I would go for the 450W one... at 25 bucks its not a huge loss if it craps out in a short time

Heres one that says for eMachines and it's the cheapest one on newegg. It's around the same price as the other ones.

Newegg.com - Athena Power AP-MP4ATX25 Peak Surge: 275W, Max. Power: 250W MicroATX /SFX 12V/ATX 12 V eMachines, HP Replacement Power Supply

Well will my current one have enough to power at least a ATI Radeon 9250 or a GeForce FX series? Since if so then I would save alot of money for me since I can use my money on just buying the ATI Radeon 9250 or the GeForce FX series or maybe the GeForce 6200. I will be using a PCI type card since my motherboard doesn't have an open AGP slot.

I do know that my motherboard doesn't use much power since it's an older machine so I was hoping that at least the ATI Radeon 9250 or GeForce FX 5200 or so will work with my current 150 watt power supply.

I really don't know the power requirements of the older card... Honestly, if you can get the card... try it. It just won't boot, or crash alot if its under powered.

The newegg one, might be your best bet, 275W is inbetween, but again I don't know how much the older cards draw...

Good question.......

If you look at the Amps on the 12V, a indicator of quality, your 150w has about 18A. The 230 has 15A. Now both the 275 and 450 have 20Amps on the 12V line.
With that in mind, I say the 275W is a better psu.

I'm hoping someone else chimes in, As I don't know how much power is needed for those gpu you asre looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom