**The LINPACK Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: **The Official LINPACK Thread**

51.3114 GFlops | yzmxer608 | PII X4 965 @ 3.9GHz
linx513114.png

Think this is all I can do with the cooling I have. I figured out why my system is totally unresponsive while running Linx, in the settings I have it at Realtime priority :p. I tried it at normal priority and things like HW monitor updated like normal, it got slightly less scores though so I put it back to Realtime. 225 reference clock crashes, upping the vcore it still crashed. Hopefully in the summer I can get a different heatsink and try again after that.

I am having a little trouble running linx. I don't understand this. Sometimes when I try to run linx, it will run and complete with no errors. Other times, it will not do anything. The bar that shows the time does show the time and is flashing gray when it doesn't do anything. And everytime I start it up, the problem size number is different. Does that mean anything?

Now I can run prime95 for several hours with no errors and I can run OCCT for an hour with no errors. Why can't I run linx? Someone told me it is because I am not stable. If I am not stable how am I able to run OCCT and Prime95 successfully?

OCCT and Prime95 are not as intensive as LinX. You need to run OCCT and Prime95 for 24+ hours to ensure stability.

Not overclocked...but don't even have the option XD

32-bit 16 cores @ 2.3Ghz

20.7853 GFlops | CntdwnToExtn | Opty 6134 @ 2.3GHz

64-bit 16 cores @ 2.3Ghz - Now we are getting somewhere.....

73.4380 GFlops | CntdwnToExtn | Opty 6134 @ 2.3GHz

It took me over 7 minutes to allocate the RAM for 64-bit lol - which '08 R2 isn't reporting properly. Should have 40gig installed but only reporting 32gig. BIOS reports 40gig.

I'm still a bit confused why there is such a difference with my processors between 32-bit and 64-bit if Linx is based on processing power?
I mean, obviously RAM has something to do with this benchmark???

Just missed the 80 mark. :(
Reconfigured my RAM, I swear I'm reading the manual right and these guys should be running Quad channel but CPU-Z is reporting Dual...

Anyhoo, 7GFlops increase with the supposedly Quad channel RAM now.
Haven't tried anything with the timings yet.

79.8432 GFlops | CntdwnToExtn | Opty 6134 @ 2.3GHz

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OCCT and Prime95 are not as intensive as LinX. You need to run OCCT and Prime95 for 24+ hours to ensure stability.

I realize that but why doesn't it run? Sometimes it will run but most of the time but it does not do anything. When it does nothing and I try to stop it by by pushing the button, it doesn't stop. I have to exit the program.

It could be a lot of things. Have you tried just letting it go, leave it running for 5 minutes or so, it may still be working or it may eventually BSOD giving you an error code. It could have something to do with that strange acting 12v line in your other post to.

Does it do it on both 32-bit and 64-bit?

It takes my server 7-8 minutes just to allocate all the RAM in 64-bit. So if you're using all 6gig it could possibly take a minute or two?

As well I've noticed I'll run with only 1 core doing something at the start for a few minutes, it will then run all cores and near the end of each run it drops back to using 1 core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom