2nd OC Attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Well I've been playing around a little more with my CPU to see what I can get out of it. Hit 2.8GHz once but then it wouldn't start up with that. And at first when it was at 2.7 it'd freeze as soon as prime95 would start. So now I've got it at 2.7 with a relatively high Vcore but it's much stabler. Here are some screenies! :D Notice I beat some high end chips when it comes to the dhrystone and integer, but the pentiums usually win the whetstone and floating point. I tried raising the FSB to 205 but the comp didn't want to have any of that so I believe I'm basically on the verge of the limits of this chip unless I had some watercooling or something. Temps are still like 35C Idle and 40C load. What you guys think? Good or no?

OCSS3.jpg

yeah! awesome! i can't wait to get into mine now! although i'm going to be doing it a bit differently than you, because i'm getting DDR500 so ill try to get it up to 250Mhz bus with a low multi, then up the multi till i reach the limit for whatever reason. ill let you know when i get my new hardware, but it's still a while off yet, probably not before january next year.

how loud is the tornado at 4115RPM? is it really loud? or can you ignore it?

and whats the standard vcore voltage? 2.0 seems pretty high, and you seem to have really low temps - how much cooling do you have? :p

even at 4000RPM the tornado is still the most predominate noise coming out of my case. Mind you I have 9 case fans, 2 in the PSU and the tornado on my CPU. 2 of the 9 case fans are blower style duct fans and they aren't even as load. And yeah 2 volts vcore is pretty high. I'm not sure what 'standard' would be but I think if you want 3200+ XP speeds and just 2.2GHz you can get away with it at like 1.65 volts default CPU volt. but yeah up at 2.7 with air cooling then it needs 2 volts vcore and it's still not stable so I can't keep it up there. I think like 1.8 or 1.85 at 2.4GHz I've found to be the most stable.

To really answer your question, no you can't ignore the tornado, like I said it's the most predominate sound, you hear that over ANYTHING, I have the Sunbeam Rheobus fan controller and it the LED turns from blue to red when it hits 7v about half way...you can still hear the tornado but it's basically at around 3000RPM and lower is when you finally start to NOT hear the tornado, but this is in my case with a crapload of fans, so I'm sure you'd still hear it....but yeah I got insane air cooling lol :p I still need to get my worklog and pictures up of the mod job I did to it to get it like that. I swear Ill get it done one of these days :p

ouch 2.0 =/ at least you've got that badboy pushing 2.7, that's a great overclock dude

Yeah it's pretty good for air. It booted at 2.8 only once, but it could actually boot and stay booted up at 2.7 but would restart or simply freeze as soon as prime95 ran, yeah 2 vcore is pretty dern high that's why it's no longer up that high :p but it was cool to get it pushed that far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom