Well, it is almost done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the new mods and pics. I painted the grills and modified(stripped down) the grill covers on the top cover and side door, and painted metallic blue accents. I also added an extra 120mm rad after the GPU for cpu/chipset buffer in the loop. It brought my cpu temps down by about 4c. I also added 6x 110cfm 120mm Scythe fans on the back rads. The paint turned out flawless...perfect straight lines and very reflective. I just have to remember to wipe the fingerprints off when I take pictures.

compiled.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

Next is to finish up the paint, and drill larger diameter holes for the power cache modules on my PSU to fit through, so that I can re-route the 8 pin EPS, and PCIe 6 and 8 pin wires. Next month I pick up my i7 980X and switch every fitting over to compression fittings. In August I'll be picking up another 5970 (liquid cooled), a 9800GT for PhysX, Corsair Dominator DDR3 2000(CL7) and water-blocks for the mosfets and chipset.

*edit*
I bought some plexi glass today. I'm going to cut a replacement window from it, and perhaps later on, make a larger one. Time to break out the painters tape, ruler, sharpie, and jigsaw.

It sounds Sweet :thumbsup:

I keep dreaming about a 980X but I just can't bring myself to buy one. I wish they would come out with a 2.66GHz 6-core, they could call it a 940 :D

It sounds Sweet :thumbsup:

I keep dreaming about a 980X but I just can't bring myself to buy one. I wish they would come out with a 2.66GHz 6-core, they could call it a 940 :D

Hey slay old buddy, how are you? I was going to purchase that memory you have, then I saw your thread and decided to go for it. Those are excellent timings. Tell me something though, what is the command rate of those modules at 2000mhz? 1T/1N or 3T/3N?

I finished the side window, and since I fabricated it myself based on measurements, I made a few subtle adjustments like thicker plexi glass for recessed screw holes. I'll post pics after I finish it up in about 45 minutes to an hour, but it turned out flawless.

They should run at 1T. I've never heard of 3T/3N. I've only seen 1T or 2T.

The G.Skill Ripjaws I have now run at 1.68v 2055mhz 7-9-7-24 but only at a 3N command rate via bios. If I try 2N or 1N, It wont boot. Not sure if it's the board or the ram.

Hmmmm, I must be really slow. Looking at CPU-Z it says there rated for 7-8-8-20-51-2T @ 1.65v. I'll have to give those settings a try, that maybe why I'm getting so hot running at 2000MHz.

Edit: I'm still about to burst into flames when I run at those settings. I've got a new cooler coming in tomorrow to try out but I'm not really expecting it to make much of a difference. I'm thinking I'll need watercooling for the 920 or a 980X on air if I'm going to run at those memory speeds.

i really like the blue accents dude, nice work. did you do any blue accenting on the front too?

Thanks man, I'm gonna blush... anyways, yeah I'm going to do to vertical accents using the corner lines. Probably do it tomorrow, because I had to make a side window replacement today. I dont usually fabricate but I could find anywhere online to buy a replacement. Necessity is the mother of all invention a guess. ;)

Hmmmm, I must be really slow. Looking at CPU-Z it says there rated for 7-8-8-20-51-2T @ 1.65v. I'll have to give those settings a try, that maybe why I'm getting so hot running at 2000MHz.

Edit: I'm still about to burst into flames when I run at those settings. I've got a new cooler coming in tomorrow to try out but I'm not really expecting it to make much of a difference. I'm thinking I'll need watercooling for the 920 or a 980X on air if I'm going to run at those memory speeds.

Yeah, once you up the QPI/Dram voltage, it's a different ball-game with temps. Especially at the DDR3-2000mhz mark

Update...

It's taking longer than I thought it would to dry so until it's dry(dont want to rush it too much) here is a pic of the new window that I made next to the old one. Keep in mind that this is before the final filing on the edges and before I recessed the screw holes.

DSC00430.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom