HP 740

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckop11

In Runtime
I have a HP 740 dvd/cd drive. I cant see it when i go into My Computer.

And also cannot find it under Device Manager.

I think i need to reinstall it.

Can anyone tell me how to reinstall it? i just want to burn a cd and it says i do not have any burning software when i try to.

I have burned cds before but months ago and idk how but i dont think the drivers installed? or something?

edit= Now i can see it in my computer and device manager. i downloaded 740b driver. BBBUUUUT I STILL CANT BURNS CDS?

Well.. idk I had software that came with the computer when i got it years ago a HP but i think i might have removed it when cleaning out some of my programs. and i cant remember what it was. or how to get it again free.

My computer was a A1214N

I think the first problem was i deleted the driver and prob the original Burning software. I got the driver installed now.

but I just want to be able to Burn music to a CD via Itunes/WMP

Edit - I had Sonic as my burning software that came with the computer. any way i can get it back without buying it?

CD/DVD burners do have a driver, but they should easily be found by your Windows OS.

The software you had prior doesn't matter. iTunes and WMP will have a mp3 file in you Music folder. You can then burn it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom