W7 clean install

Status
Not open for further replies.
The simple facts are this.

A. you cant use an upgrade version for a full install. It is not a proper support option from Microsoft so it is not a support option here. End of that discussion.

B. You never said you were going from 64 Bit to 32Bit. So yes you are right that an anytime upgrade isnt an option, but you are also wrong for not giving all information up front instead of having us supply information and then fill us in on some things we needed to know from the start.

C. An Upgrade and Full version are the same exact thing. The only difference is with a Full Version you must start over with installing all your programs. With an upgrade you keep everything you had before, as long as it is compatible.

D. Win7 Pro is just like Vista Business. It is not intended for Home Users. It is intended for the work place. If you want games, get Ultimate.

E. There is no reason why you should go to 32 Bit. You are doing nothing but putting a limit on what your system will ever be able to do.

If you want help on how to use an Upgrade Disk to do an install, look elsewhere. We are not going to support methods that are not supported by the company that makes the product. Simple as that.

D. Win7 Pro is just like Vista Business. It is not intended for Home Users. It is intended for the work place. If you want games, get Ultimate.

You can install the games that show up in the Start Menu on other versions of Windows 7 by simply going to Control Panel | Programs and Features | Turn Wndows Features On or Off. Then check "Games".

Why you would tell him to buy Ultimate just to get games that are easily accessible in Windows 7 Professional I don't understand.

What do you mean I can't install a fresh install. It is one of the options to choose from. All I am doing is replacing an OS that is already there and that is legal. I am not doing anything wrong. I must not have explained myself well enough to you.
I have no choice but to fresh install. It said when I tried upgrade that I could not do this and then it said something like this must be installed with the other method. It gave me the option. Sorry, but you are wrong.

If you can't understand why I would go to 32 bit I am sorry. I only need to use this laptop for several things. That is why I bought it and those things require only 32 bit OS so I figured this was the easiest thing to do.

I think Mak thinks you have an 'upgrade' disc, not the full installation disc.
Just to clear things up, which one do you have?

Here is what it says if I were upgrading from XP for example. Insert Windows 7 DVD into your PC. When asked which type of installation do you want, click Custom(advanced)
What they are trying to say is you can't upgrade from this disc but you can install from it.

I hope your install went well. The install from 64-bit to 32-bit is possible, but please note that If the program is specifically designed for the 64-bit version of Windows, it won't work on the 32-bit version of Windows. (However, most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows do work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Please go to bit.ly/32and64bit for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom