Customised Computer Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukepretorius

Beta member
Hey all,

Busy working on designing a new computer case, would like suggestions on things you would change or add to the existing normal computer tower... Modifications you would make if you could... for ease of use, Gaming etc... :thumbsup:

two 140mm top exhaust fans, two 120mm rear fans, two(+) 120mm fans behind the front bezel, a huge acrylic side window with two 120mm fans and two bottom 120mm fans. no doors for the front, like something you have to open to get to the optic drive. top mounted USB ports, ( mine are on the side, i dont like them there ). an interrior that could easily house a Noctua D14 and a Radeon 5970. a right side pannel that allows acess to the back of the mother boar, and of course supreme wire management holes.

Im going to be designing one from scratch... just tired of the typical computer look... There arent enough people out there coming up with new concepts for cases that i have seen of late so im jumping the gun...

Im designing a case that is unlike any on the market and throws the commercial computer look out of the window...

PS: Sean W, Y SO MANY FANS? aint it easier to use water cooling instead?

from what ive heard, water cooling isnt worth the trubble... plus, you can get LED fans and they look freaking sweet...

from what ive heard, water cooling isnt worth the trubble... plus, you can get LED fans and they look freaking sweet...

Well, it's true that building a water cooling loop will force you to think outside the box, and rack your brain for creativity. Really though, I consider cooling in tiers from less effective to most effective to be Air cooling, TEC/coldpate, water cooling, LN1/LN2/Liquid He. The last option is of course the most extreme, but water cooling vs air, I think water wins that fight. Perhaps someone may disagree with that, but I'd invite them to elaborate. The HUGE air coolers (megahelm/noctua/V8) are the most elite(1337) of air cooler options. Paired with a great case flow and low ambient temps, air cooling can pull off some amazing things, but too much is dependent upon variables, where as liquid cooling is ALOT less dependent upon those variables. I think your misinformed, as I still maintain excellent case flow with LED fans and I liquid cool, but I'm not limited by my fans. In fact Slay inspired me to offload most of my lighting to fans versus ccfl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom