Core i7 build, need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set it to disable VDroop. If LinX is unresponsive it means your system is not stable. Increase your CPU Vcore and try it again. Set your Memory to Standard. Don't use Prime95 unless you want to run it for 24 hours.

If my system is not stable, how am I able to pass the OCCT linpack test? And so far Prime95 has not found any errors yet.

I am going to add a case fan to the side cover since there is a place for one. Since the fan will be below the cpu cooler, how much would it help the cpu temps? What would be better, blowing air in or pulling air out of the case? I have also thought about replacing the cpu cooler fans with some higher rpm fans. What about the middle fan, can I add a square shaped fan. The one that is in there now is round. Do you think it would be worth it?

On the side, usually blowing air in is better.
I don't know how many times I've said this lol, your temps are FINE! You don't need to replace the fans on the cpu cooler. Those fans are expensive for a reason, that reason being they're pretty **** good

Yeah I know. I guess I am too worried about nothing. I just wanted it to be as cool as possible. How much of a difference would a side fan make in temps? I got a place for a fan so I might as well use it.

I found out some bad news about my old build. It supposedly has a bad processor in it. So I contact Intel about getting it replaced under warranty and they said OEM processors are not covered under warranty, only the retail. That really made me mad. What makes the difference if it is OEM or retail? I don't know what to do with that build now. I have thought about buying a new processor for it and giving it to my dad. If I give it to my dad, I don't know if I should get a e8400 or another q6600. The only thing he does is mainly office type stuff, book keeping, internet, nothing hard core.

It seems I have hit a wall. I am at 4.1ghz and I can not get it to run OCCT. Within minutes, it will crash. I have the vcore at 1.36. How high can I push the vcore? I have the memory multiplier set on 8 which makes the memory run at 1640. Could that be causing it? If I put it on 8, it runs around 1200. At 4.0ghz, I am able to pass OCCT with the vcore at 1.30.

Try raising the memory latencies a notch. As an example, if there set at 8-8-8-24-54-1T then try 9-9-9-28-74-1T.

Ok, I have raised the ram timings to 9-9-9-24 from 8-8-8-20. Where are the last two numbers you are talking about? Are they under the advanced timings control?

EDIT: I am still not stable after I changed the ram timings.

I do not see anything like 1N or IT. There is something called the Command Rate(CMD) that just shows it being 1.

What about the number 54 Slaymate was talking about? Is that the round trip latency? That option is under Channel A misc timing control.

I was referring to the Row Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC). You can see the latency settings your running at in CPU-Z. I'm running at 6-6-6-20-59-1T with Corsair Dominator GT memory (my settings will not work for you).
timings.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom