Core i7 build, need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
yar...I manually set the fan speed to 100 every time I OC'd them. Maybe it's because I have them right next to eachother.

I'd say you might have to reseat the heatsink. I got idle temps in the high 30's most of the time, sometimes crossing over to 40-41c on one particular core.
Can't remember my load temps, not at 3.1Ghz anyway.

Just push it up to 4Ghz
20x multi, 200Mhz blck. Set your vcore to 1.3v to start off with, and your QPI/DRAM voltage to 1.3375v. You should easily boot with those settings.
Then start lowering the vcore, you should be stable at ~1.28v still but it'll vary for each person.
Run LinX for 5 minutes every time you decrease the voltage, when it starts to crash/freeze raise the voltage by two notches and run LinX for an hour.

Once you've got the vcore low enough, start on the QPI voltage. Same thing.

Also, I'd recommend raising your PCIE setting from 100 to ~102-103

You say to change the QPI/DRAM voltage. Is that supposed to be one setting or two different ones? In my bios, I have a QPI/VTT voltage setting and a DRAM voltage setting.

For the dram, just set it to whatever your memory needs. E.g. if you bought a 1.65v kit, then set it to 1.65 (or 1.66v, none of the mobos I've had could be set to 1.65 lol, .02v increments ftl)

Um, also turn off turbo mode if you've got it on.

Okay I am running at 4.0ghz with all the settings like you said. I am running a linx test right now. Something is not right with linx. It has been running for over 5 minutes now and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. The cpu is not heating up.

A few questions about some bios settings. What should the performance enhance setting be on? There are three options, standard, turbo, and extreme. And what is the Extreme Memory Profile? Should I leave that disabled?

I am running Prime95 right now since Linx doesn't seem to be working for me. Under the HWMonitor +12volt reading, it is at 16 volts while running Prime95. Is that normal?

What about vdroop, should that be disabled?

vdroop works better for some people following intel's spec, for others it works better the other way around. At 4Ghz you don't really need to play with it tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom