Core i7 build, need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay right now I am at 3.3ghz and OCCT says I am at 3.465ghz. Is that because of the turbo mode?

Question about using Linx. I have not changed any settings and the memory is set at 770mb and the problem size is at 10004. Should any of those be changed?

One thing I have noticed is OCCT must not push the cpu as hard as LInx and Prime95. I am running OCCT right now and the temps are staying in the low 60's. Whenever I run Linx or Prime95, temps get near 70. What does Linx and Prime95 do different to make it run hotter? I mean OCCT makes the cpu run at 100%.

When you run LinX, set the memory usage to 'all'
Dude, seriously, at 67-72C you've got no problems at all. Bump it up to 4Ghz!

run LinX for at least 10 minutes when doing a quick test as some errors will take that long to show up. And I wouldn't let the temperature go above 80C.

Intel's get hotter than AMD's, but they also have the potential to do mork work. More Work = More Heat

Personally I try to keep my cpu in the lower 70's at full load and I only exceed that for a quick benchmark run.

Well, like I said I've used and abused my 920 for over a year now, and it's still running great. I mean, you've still got a whole 20C of headroom at 80C!
It'd be like being nervous about running your 480's higher than 85C lol

Well, like I said I've used and abused my 920 for over a year now, and it's still running great. I mean, you've still got a whole 20C of headroom at 80C!
It'd be like being nervous about running your 480's higher than 85C lol

I've max'ed out the volts using MSI Afterburner on my 480's and they still haven't seen the 80's yet. And if a good aftermarket cooler is released they may never go that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom