Need help with a hardware issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivvy92

Beta member
Today I left my computer on for about 2 hours when I went out for ice cream and a walk. When I got back my computer was still on and in an apparent sleep mode, but their was no power to the mouse or keyboard. All the lights were off and the laser on my mouse was also off. It wouldn't turn back on so I took it apart to clean out fans and such and then tried again and it turned on. I went on WoW and it was moving rediculously slow (I normally get 60 fps everywhere, got a max of 8). I then tried Guild Wars and had the same issue. I also noticed the sound was very fuzzy and you couldn't really understand the noises coming from the games. Anyone have any ideas of the issue?

My computers specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.2ghz
EVGA GeForce GTX 260
4 gb DDR2

Try playing music, and see if the sound is any better.

Try running a stress test on your graphic card, and see if the images are ok.

Well, I swapped the GTX 260 for an old ATI Radeon 1900 for about a week. It worked fine until today. I was playing WoW and my computer screen turned off, but the computer stayed on. I had to turn it off manually with the switch on the PSU. I think possibly the PCI slot is going. If that is the case, what would be the best motherboard to buy? I have an Intel E8500

What would be a good, cheap intel motherboard to buy that is compatible with a E8500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom