moving best way to transport computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desolation

In Runtime
didn't really know where to put this but im moving and wanna know the best way to transport my computer i kept the original boxes fro everything so i can just put everything back in there boxes but should i take out my cpu cooler ram and video card so they don't get bounced around on the trip its a 5 hour drive so i don't want anything to get messed up

.... i put mine in a seat and put the seat belt across it.... boom done.

Seconded, I transported my desktops like that all last year, no problems. If you have a really heavy graphics card you may want to take it out though, same with CPU cooler, probably won't be an issue though. The seat belt is a great way to keep it from bouncing around or falling over.

i put the seat belt on and yank on the seat belt to get it to lock...

or i put it on the floor behind the passenger seat and then scoot the passenger seat back to sandwhich it between the back of the passenger seat and the front of the back seat... that thing aint goin no wheres

also, he doesnt have a really heavy graphics card, " 5770 "

well i cant really put it in the back seat or in a seat because ive got a full car going to a tattoo convention and using the money in making working at it to pay for a place im just gonna remove my cpu cooler and video card and lay it down in the back of the jeep

My old car had room behind the seats I could fit two desktops easily and sandwich them in tightly, my new car (Ford Focus) has metal seat rails that stick out and would scratch up the case if I put it there which is annoying so I have to put it on the seat now.

If the car's full (but there's room in the trunk) just lay down a soft blanket or towel and then set the tower sideways (motherboard side down of course), it won't get scratched if you protect it and if you wedge it between stuff it shouldn't move.

i have its box with the foam pieces for the ends so i think it should be safe enough in the trunk area of the jeep

Yeah, just putting the case (with the build inside) into the original case box with all the pads would be great especially for a larger trunk, I was thinking of a smaller car where the box probably wouldn't fit easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom