Wirless vs corded battle of the mice

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilpc

Beta member
Many consumers are drawn to the wireless computer mouse. Cord-free, a wireless mouse can be placed anywhere so long as it is within the range of its transmitter ('they're' working on that). Unlike corded mice, wireless mice can be moved about without being hampered or limited by wires and cables. A wireless mouse coupled with other wireless devices will make a computer table more neat and organized.

On the down side, wireless mice need batteries to run. If your wireless mouse sees heavy use, its batteries will drain faster and you will need to replace it constantly. Make sure to keep some spare batteries ready so you will not be left without a mouse.

Corded mice, on the other hand, enjoy a constant power supply. With corded mice, you have no batteries to maintain. They will stay on and functional as long as your computer is powered up and running. So may i ask u fellow techies, which mouse would you prefer? I for one prefer the trusty old corded mouse without being held back by batteries and range.
:crazy:

It depends upon what you are using it for.

If you are gaming, you want a wired mouse. You don't want to be in a middle of a game and loose mouse activity.

If basic use, wireless is nice to have. I have one on my netbook, It's nice to use it in comparison with the touchpad. wireless is also nice on laptops, so you wont hang yourself :lol:

Batteries are a problem, but you could easily get a batery charger. RF and BT mice are better managed for battery life these days. My father uses a wireless mouse. He needs to replace his every month or so.

I just got a new $45 HP wireless infrared mouse with the tiny usb adapter. I think I HATE IT. I don't know. It's comfy, light, sexy, plenty of features, great battery life because of the lazer but unreliable, it will have spasms of not working while I'm online. Like the one I just had trying to post this.:angry: Its my mouse pad I think. Gonna try without it

I prefer my old-fashioned wooden mouse; just like my Amish Grandpapi had.
Here's a link to the one I own - made out of sapele - which is a cinnamon-apple smelling wood from a deciduous tree in Africa. Unfortunately, it came finished so I couldn't sniff it while working at my computer. It's seriously lasted me for over 4 years now without cracking and has a resolution of 800 DPI. It's very comfortable and has a wide wheel with ribs so your finger can roll it very easily.

There are many other mice, along with keyboards and computers with wooden cases on iameco.com

I should also mention it comes with an adapter, so you can use it on a USB port or your mouse port if you want to keep your USB ports free.

Can i say *facepalm* TieFighter?

could be anything, Abstract, could be the usb adapter thats bad, or the mouse perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom