Gigabyte R585OC Video Card Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Gigabyte R585OC Video Card Review

In the market for a new GPU? Then check out our evaluation of the Gigabyte R585OC video card before you spend your hard earned money. We pit Gigabyte's R585OC against a bone stock Radeon HD 5850 as well as a GeForce GTX 470 playing some of today's most popular games like Metro 2033, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and more.

The Gigabyte R585OC offers a new generation of inclined cooling fans, Ultra Durable components, and higher GPU frequencies. We test against a stock clock Radeon HD 5850 and a GeForce GTX 470 in Splinter Cell Conviction, Metro 2033, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and Aliens vs. Predator.

I didn't see it listed anywhere in the review - does it implement CUDA? The next machine I build will be a post college graduation present for myself, but I've decided CUDA technology is a must for me. Being able to use your GPUs as CPUs, provided you can program in C, is just an awesome feature for processor intensive programs I plan on designing.

I didn't see it listed anywhere in the review - does it implement CUDA? The next machine I build will be a post college graduation present for myself, but I've decided CUDA technology is a must for me. Being able to use your GPUs as CPUs, provided you can program in C, is just an awesome feature for processor intensive programs I plan on designing.

You don't need CUDA to do that. OpenCl is a alternative to CUDA that runs on both ATI and Nvidia cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom