Fan Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BIOS usually sets the fan controller (if the hardware is available) to "Smart Guardian" or ON/OFF mode depending on how you configure it. Rarely is it set for software controlled by default, so in SpeedFan you must manually enable software control if you want to set a percentage by hand.

First, close all programs that use a lot of CPU power (we want to make the CPU run cool so it doesn't overheat while playing with fan settings). Then open SpeedFan. One by one, turn each of the fan speeds to zero and watch the inside of your PC to see which fans, if any, stop. If none of the fans stop, you have to configure the chip for software control. Click "Configure" and then the Advanced tab, then on the drop-down list pick your controller chip (mine is IT8720F on ISA) then look for the PWM modes (should have PWM1, PWM2, and PWM3 listed). Set all three to "Software Controlled". This will force the chip to use the settings on the main page and not automatically adjust speed based on temperature. Close out of the settings and try setting the fan speeds to zero again, you should now be able to control all of the available fans (note that not all connectors on the motherboard may be supported, you may have 2-3 supported connectors and the rest "dumb" connectors that only run at full speed).

I have an EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1 with 3 different fan headers available for fan control, so I've read? I assume a header per fan so anything over 3 would need a separate controller? Thank you for the help, very much appreciated! :)

Aerocool Touch-2000 Touchscreen, Fan Controller - Black Products Model: AC-TOUCH2000 [AC-TOUCH2000] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

there you go i always want to buy this controller but i never had the need for it it looks cool.. and it has some good reviews for it and its touch screen witch is a plus.

uhh, that controller is wicked sick.. I've never seen it before, I will definatly keep this in mind when I build a new pc sometime this year, thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom