What PC Monitor to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmund36

Beta member
I have been looking thru the reviews, such as cnet, consumers, of 23 to 28 inch PC monitors to buy < $500. I favor the Samsung P2570HD 25" because it has a TV tuner, speakers, and many input / output connections. It is about $300. When I see others in this size range, it does not appear they have the specs of a higher quality monitor. Although the best quality of a monitor is my priority, I would buy something else, Acer, Asus, Dell, etc. if there is a truly notable viewing distinction in it versus this model. Any comments or suggestions that I may want to consider would be appreciated?

Ed

That monitor is great. Maybe your could go check for phillips monitors, I've always like them for their price. Check out on newegg for great discounts

Samsung or ASUS are good. Internal speakers on computer LCDs are crappy to TV speakers. If this is just for your Computer, you don't need all the imports. VGA/DVI is good enough.

I did endless research, looked at pretty much every monitor on the market (including $1,000+ apple monitors)

I ended up with my 27'' HP (debranded) And I couldn't be more happy with it. It sits right next to my wifes 24'' Imac. While my monitor isn't even in the same ballpark as hers, it looks **** near close to as good !

Check out Geeks.com they have some KILLER deals. 27" HP De-Branded DVI/HDMI 1080p Widescreen LCD Monitor w/Speakers (Black/Silver) TS-27m9

There are 2 main things you need to decide when looking @ monitors, Gloss VS Matte finish. Gloss is going to give you a MUCH better contrast ratio, BUT be wickid anoying if your room is NOT relativly light controlled. Matte is better for an office setting, but in no way shape or form is EVER going to look better than a comparable gloss screen.

How about the Samsung P2770HD 27" LCD Monitor - 1080p, 1920x1080, 16:9, 5ms, 50000:1 Dynamic, 1000:1 Native, VGA, DVI, HDMI, TV Tuner for $399? How does this compare to the mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom