S-Video Cable to TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjford

Beta member
Hey,

I have an S-Video cable, and after purchasing a nVidia Ti4200 64 mb TV-OUT graphics card, I was wonder if I could and how would I be able to connect my S-Video cable to my television. Now, my television actually does not have an S-Video outlet, but my DISH Satellite box does.

Thanks for any information.

I just did that right now, but nothing has changed; the television still shows the Satellite channels instead of my computer screen (or does it only work if I have DVDs?).

does the S-video port on the satallite box say its for input, or output? u cant use it if its only for output.

if u cant use the box, u can use a S-video to RCA acapter. of if ur one of those guys with a bunch of extra wires lying around(im guessing your not) u could cut some up and splice them together yourself.

no the TV out doesnt need to be used for anything specific, u should see your desktop on the TV.

I can almost guarantee that it is anoutput, not an input(I have Satellite too). You need to buy a whole new TV set in order to put that S-video cable to use.

yea just head on down to a local futureshop, radioshak or other electronics store and ask for a svideo to rca (or some ppl call them composite) adapter... just to be sure one end will have a s video connector (female) and the other end will have 3 pins.. one yellow, one red, and one white.. get that hook it all up and put hte pins in the specified slots in ur tv and ur done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom