i7 OC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
Ok... I'm looking to OC my Core i7... I know I know I know, how many of these do we need?
well here's my hangup. I increased my v-core to 1.325, and based off the video I was watching, well, he wasn't using EVGA E-Leet Tuning Utility as I am, so things... didn't match up. I have sliders in the Overclocking Tab
Clocks Control
QPI -----------------I--------------------------------------[<][>]
PCI-E -----------------I--------------------------------------[<][>]

Turbo Mode Control
Core1 x23 -----------------i---------------------------------[<][>]
Core2 x22 ---------------I-----------------------------------[<][>]
Core3 x22 ---------------I-----------------------------------[<][>]
Core4 x22 ---------------I-----------------------------------[<][>]

Voltages=
VCORE 1.325
IOH/ICH I/O Voltage 1.5
ICH VCore 1.05
QPI PLL VCore 1.8
CPU PLL VCore 1.8
IOH VCore 1.1
CPU VTT Voltage 1.2
DRAM Voltage 1.5

Ok, now that I have this all set so you know where I'm at... I don't know anything about what I'm doing. I've read the basics, but I honestly don't know where to begin. the vcore, that was easy to understand. the rest... I know how to change the multiplier, do I need to change ALL the cores? and what about what it's multiplying? is that the QPI?
Sorry for yet another OC thread, I'm just confused and this way I can go through my trials and tribs myself with some guidance.

shooting for low 4GHz's with my current cooling, will be getting some other cooling for benchies and hopefully upwards of 5 with that cooling... that's not important at the moment though, I just want to see what I can push my 930 to stable, then prolly back it off a little bit from full stable

don't use my evga tool? I'm not connected to the net on my lappies, and would rather work it all from here... I know that precision and e-leet can and do oc everything, I just don't know what I'm setting anything to
utilities.png

using e-leet, I currently am sitting at 3.2GHz, multiplier set at 20, QPI 160.0, Temps are hovering at 40-41C, am running Prime95 benchmark currently, also have folding going lol... case is a little loud as I have both the GPU and both CPU fans at 100%

E-LEET is okay for testing some basic settings but all your overclocking should be done in the bios.

With the i7 920 or 930 the only way to increase the multiplier is to enable Turbo Mode. Turbo Mode will increase the Multiplier by (1), after the system posts so you won't see the results in the post screen. The Multiplier can be lowered.

What are you using for cooling?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/i7-overclocking-guide-224693/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom