Having problems with a new build, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joesmhoe

Beta member
Hello, I've been browsing these forums for a couple of weeks, getting info on building my first computer. I have gotten my computer put together, and have gotten through a couple of "WTF" moments, but this one has me puzzled. When I use the power button, I have an orange light. No beeps from the motherboard either. It should be working, as the standby light is green, so I don't quite understand the problem. As well, I am not able to display anything on to my monitor. I have also tried connecting my HDMI cable to my TV, just to make sure it isn't just the screen with no success. Any suggestions? Or any more info needed?

Specs:
ASUS P7H55-M Pro
Intel Core i5 Processor
ATI Radeon HD5670
TR2 600W/500W

Do you have a lil speaker attached to the board? To catch the beeps?

I'm confused on the rest.

"When I use the power button" - when you turn it on, off, etc?
"I have an orange light ... the standby light is green" - then it isnt on standby?
"I am not able to display anything on to my monitor" - since you built it?

From what I do get, try taking it down to essential devices, psu, gfx, ram.

Do you have a lil speaker attached to the board? To catch the beeps?

I'm confused on the rest.

"When I use the power button" - when you turn it on, off, etc?
"I have an orange light ... the standby light is green" - then it isnt on standby?
"I am not able to display anything on to my monitor" - since you built it?

From what I do get, try taking it down to essential devices, psu, gfx, ram.

As far as I can see, no, I do not think I do.

-The orange light is only where I power it up, coming from the power button
-Sorry I wasn't clear, the orange is from the power button. The standby light on the motherboard is green.
-and since I put it together, no, I have not gotten any display of any kind on my monitor. It isn't a problem with the monitor as I also used it with my laptop.

Have you built before?

Have you got the 24 pin and the 4/8 pin cpu plug in?

It might be a good idea to pull everything out and try booting with bare parts. psu, cpu, ram and use the onboard gpu.
Put the board on cardboard to avoid any shorting.

Far as i can tell, you don't have a onboard speaker, so you'll have to try and use the case one to listen for beep codes.

G/l this part of building sucks, and welcome to TF.

A lot of newer motherboards have a speaker header, that you have to attach an external speaker to. Have you done this yet? After looking, it does seem to require any external speaker to be attached.

Do any of the fans spin up, or hard drive?

Have you hooked up all connectors to the motherboard correctly? 12V for CPU, 24pin for main connector, on the video card (if it's needs a 6/8pin PCI-E 12V connector)?

A lot of newer motherboards have a speaker header, that you have to attach an external speaker to. Have you done this yet? After looking, it does seem to require any external speaker to be attached.

Do any of the fans spin up, or hard drive?

Have you hooked up all connectors to the motherboard correctly? 12V for CPU, 24pin for main connector, on the video card (if it's needs a 6/8pin PCI-E 12V connector)?

I've read through the manual, and it does have the beeps. And I did plug in my 2.1 speakers into the back into the motherboard, and I haven't heard a beep at all.

And to answer your questions, yes, the power source fan turns on, the processor fan turns on, same with the graphics card, as well as CD drive. And yes, I plugged everything into the proper places, at least according to the manual it came with.

The beep sound comes from the mobo speaker out. Its a little 2 pin spot usually where the power /reboot buttons plug in.

Where are you plugging your monitor into? you have an onboard gpu, so it might be outputing there.

We aren't talking about exterior speakers from the sound card. This is what we are referring to:
yhst-50621372921554_2104_43579434

As Paton and I suggested, try booting with bare parts. This will cut the problem down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom