Laptop wireless internet, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I just formatted a friend's HP Presario CQ60-211DX laptop. I download EVERY driver, even updated the bios and I cannot get the wireless to work FOR THE LIFE OF ME, neither does the button on the front that turns the wireless on and off (should light up blue when on, stays orange) Its on vista 32bit home premium. Someone please help me out, PLEASE!

Can you see the wireless adapter in Device Manager? Did you install chipset drivers? Can you get to the card, normally in a compartment at the bottom of the laptop?

The only thing with a yellow ! is the ethernet controller. It is built in, no wireless card. Yes I installed the chipset drivers.

If it has wireless, it has a wireless card. rather integrated or a mini-PCIe. most are mini-PCIe

Get PC Wizard and see if you can get the model of the ethernet/wireless card

how do I get pc wizard? Also, some of the wireless drivers I download says reinstall using recommended settings and does not install correctly.

nevermind, go it!!! I dont know what I did, but it works!! thanks SO much for your help, im greatfull. Have a great night man. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom