Ram question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
So before I had rebuilt my machine I had bought a 1GB 3200 DDR2 ram stick (generic CSX). It was uber cheap but the website was extremely unorganized (impossible to find exactly what you need (as I found out.)) Well I had accidentally bought the wrong type? the stick i had bought was 400mhz. Is my pc 333mhz only? Can i get this stick to work (overclocking?)

RAM
Memory
Type DDR
Size 1536 MBytes
Channels # Single
DRAM Frequency 200.9 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 3 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 3 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 3 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 8 clocks
Bank Cycle Time (tRС) 11 clocks
Command Rate (CR) 1T
SPD
Number Of SPD Modules 2
Slot #1
Type DDR
Size 512 MBytes
Manufacturer Samsung
Max Bandwidth PC3200 (200 MHz)
Part Number M3 68L6423ETM-CCC
Serial Number 420C0FD9
Week/year 48 / 04
SPD Ext. EPP
JEDEC #2
Frequency 200.0 MHz
CAS# Latency 3.0
RAS# To CAS# 3
RAS# Precharge 3
tRAS 8
Voltage 2.500 V
JEDEC #1
Frequency 166.7 MHz
CAS# Latency 2.5
RAS# To CAS# 3
RAS# Precharge 3
tRAS 7
Voltage 2.500 V
Slot #2
Type DDR
Size 1024 MBytes
Manufacturer Kingston
Max Bandwidth PC3200 (200 MHz)
Part Number K
Serial Number 7216E42B
Week/year 24 / 09
SPD Ext. EPP
JEDEC #2
Frequency 200.0 MHz
CAS# Latency 3.0
RAS# To CAS# 3
RAS# Precharge 3
tRAS 8
Voltage 2.500 V
JEDEC #1
Frequency 166.7 MHz
CAS# Latency 2.5
RAS# To CAS# 3
RAS# Precharge 3
tRAS 7
Voltage 2.500 V

You bought a DDR2 stick of ram and your PC uses regular DDR ram, is this what your saying?

If your answer is yes, then No you can't use it.

If your answer is no and they are both DDR2 or regular DDR then you should be able to use them but they will default to the slowest speed between them.

yea i think he made a typo because pc3200 is ddr not ddr2. anyway like Slay said, the ram should just downclock itself.

Ya sorry guys i had too many numbers in my head at once. Its ddr :typo: ram but my issue is really that with the piece of ram I bought my pc won't even boot. I went through trial and error and it doesnt work in either slot with any or no other ram in. (I assumed it was the wrong ram because i'm new at this and really i spend more time reading and learning from the topics on this forum than contributing XD) I tried to rma it and basically because it runs for them when they test it it costs me a fee, shipping, and some BS so in total I get like $5 back so i can't return it. What are my options or suggetions for fixes if any or is this a great example of you get what you pay for in the world of electronics. :facepalm: I should have posted this on hardware troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom