Agp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprooty

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Well today i installed a new HD a Seagate 160GB 7200.7RPM 8MB cache.. but i dont think it has anything to do with this.. just incase..

Well i reinstalled windows today.. installed my 3D card Drivers>> Radeon 9800 Pro i installed the defult ati drivers from ATI.com and the tool bar..
now i go in and set all me setting to what i want .. AA and AF and stuff like that then i got to check my APG speed and it says off now i set it to 8 times and it tells me to restart.. so i do.. when my pc starts back up its back to off!! i have tried about 5 times it just stays on off.. dose off affect my graphics or what?? or is smartgard some crap..

I play games.. i was just wondering if Off in apg acctually means my AGP is off or is it still runing at 8x? becuace i just played CS with 4x AA and AF on with 100fps constant and it was laggy but i think it was the server..

when you go to right click the desktop>properties>Settings>Advanced do you see a tab with your graphics card name on it? If so it should tell you how many mb your card is and how fast it's running. If not that, then try SiSoftware Sandra and it'll tell you if your AGP is running like it should. More than likely it is running at 8x unless in your BIOS you have it set lower or something of that nature, it could just be the program being fickle.

Nope... in that tab it just say "Defult Monitor On Radeon 9800 Pro"
and in the bios it's set to 8x.. ill try that program..

Ati has only this problem of un-stable drivers. anyway, boot your system in safe mood. and see if your settings are on optimal resolution (which your monitor can support).

have you been using same card on previous drive? also, have you set your BIOS on default?

I had the same problem. You must install the Motherboards drivers for the AGP slot.

:D

What mobo are you running?

rgr

Ahh i havent installed my chipset drivers.. yet... ill do that.. and ill also set my bios to defult.

Mobo is Gigabyte GA7VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom