HD 5750 overheating?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
After playing a game for a while it starts to overheat. I have a display that shows the temp and when it reaches over 75C it gives a loud beep. Now that can happen several times during a game especially in intese fights. What should I do? I was thinking about water cooling. What do you think?

75 isnt as hot as you may think for video cards, but it could and probably should be a little lower.

XFX Radeon HD 5750 1GB GDDR5 Review - Page 20

That review shows it hitting 67 after a good amount of gaming.

So, what exact brand/model do you have? This is so we can look at what cooling it is using and go from there. Also what is the exact temperature in the room when it hits around 75?

Also, make sure your case is well ventilated and if its very dusty give it a good clean.

Well it is Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5750 (512MB GDDR5 DP PCI-E). I do not like it much especially the way it looks.

The case is well ventilated and the room temp is some where around 18C. A pretty normal work environment I would say.

I am not sure whether it is the graphic card or the temp display that I installed. I had to put the sensor between the heatsink and the processor and maybe that is affecting the overheating?!

Remove the sensor. The video card has a buit-in sensor and you can monitor the temp in Windows using a wide variety of programs.

Remove the sensor. The video card has a buit-in sensor and you can monitor the temp in Windows using a wide variety of programs.

Exactly, no need to use any sort of sensor.....
Download a copy of 'Realtemp' and it will tell you exactly what temperature it is running at. This is the temp we need to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom