How to fix Dell Laptop hinge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPurpleRT

Baseband Member
So, my Dell Inspiron has had a broken latch for years, but I'd really like to fix it. However, the way it is broken, I do not know how to do so.

I am attaching pics, but basically it is completely broken off. In the pic where the lcd is seperated from the rest of the laptop, there is just a pice of metal sticking up, and the broken hinge can just fit down over it. It seems like it's not even right on the hinge, it's on the outside of the hinge. I'd think I'd need a whole new lcd holder/surround?

TIA,

Ryan

Attachments

• lhinge1.jpg
    lhinge1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 421
  • lhinge2.jpg
    lhinge2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 425
I had looked but my deal was mine is completely broken. Check out the highlight hinge in the 4th pic, Mine is completely broken. :-/

You could probably buy new hinges or used hinges. The hinges are part of the display assembly on the Inspiron 1420 (yours looks like one, maybe a different size though, took apart my friend's 1420 for cleaning not too long ago). If you can find new hinges, it should be easy enough to take the screen assembly apart and replace just the hinge. If not, you could always buy a new screen (or used one, sometimes they're cheap on eBay) and drop it in place, plug it in and go.

Anyone? Am I not correct here? looks like it comes with the entire hing assembly, which is what is broke on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom