Budget Gaming PC for $355

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atunzuman

Solid State Member
Can one of ya help me make a PC with $300 and $55 worth of Amazon gift cards.....thank you!

What do you already have?

Keyboard?
Mouse?
Monitor?
Speakers?
Any components from another computer you could reuse (optical drive, hard drive, case)?

What do you already have?

Keyboard?
Mouse?
Monitor?
Speakers?
Any components from another computer you could reuse (optical drive, hard drive, case)?

I have all those mentioned, and i have a Dell Dimension 3100 / E310.

The CPU is only slightly upgradeable. You won't gain anything from it.

Your graphic card is integrated. I don't know if your PSU could support any GPU worth gaming with.

You have a max of 2GB DDR2, this will not help you.

You are better off getting a barbone system and building from that.

Not quite on budget, but a very decent computer for ~$500

Motherboard: MSI NF750-G5. Little bit more expensive than some of them, but looks like it has plenty of expandability - supports both SLI and Crossfire, up to 16gb RAM, plenty of SATA ports, etc. $100

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz Not the fastest, but hardly obsolete. It's faster than mine, and I haven't had any issues with it in most games. $60
(Note: If you want, you could get this for $130 instead - it's more expensive, but quad core!)

Memory: DDR3 Memory. Memory is expensive now, but 2gb should be good for most games. It's easy to upgrade later on too. $60

Graphics: GeForce GTS 250. A pretty decent entry card (again, better than mine!) for a low price. $110

Power Supply: Rosewill 530W PSU Little off-brand, but I've been using one for awhile without issue. $50

Case: Cheap Case Cheapest thing I could find with free shipping. It'll hold stuff. [$25]

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It's Windows 7. $100

Comes to about $505, probably a little more after shipping. You'll also need to salvage the hard drive and disc drive from your Dell (or add $25 for the disc drive and $75 for a nice hard drive to the price.)

This computer is better specced than mine, and mine will handle Crysis at lower settings and most other games at very high or max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom