typing 444444444 without my intervention

Status
Not open for further replies.

heguru

In Runtime
I am having trouble typing on my laptop. When I try to type website urls in browser, search forms, typing in Notepad and Word etc, 44444 (number 4) will be entering automatically. If I try to delete more 4s are entering there.

I posted in my antivirus forums. They said it is related to laptop hardware.

Using Windows XP. Opera browser.

Disabled touchpad. Installed a mouse. Still 44444444 entering automatically in the forms, notepad etc..

Now laptop is giving some 'keeeeek' noise when started. It goes on until I press 'End' button.

Any advice?

THat should be a beep code, do you hear a single long beep?

Did you install chipset drivers?

Otherwise, I would blame it on the keyboard.

THat should be a beep code, do you hear a single long beep?

Did you install chipset drivers?

Otherwise, I would blame it on the keyboard.

It sounds this way:
keeeeek... keeeeek.... keeeeek ....

I don't know what chipset drivers are. So no ... not installed.

What I have to check with keybord?

Button 4 is also not working.

PC Hell: BIOS Error Beep Codes

Chipse drivers are given by your manufacturer. Includes the FN keys, touchpad enhancements, and ither things.

If yoiu get random problems with your keyboard, either your connection is bad, or the keyboard itself is failing. Check the above before considering this.

Ok, maybe change your keyboard. I've had a similar issue with my laptop keyboard doing aaaaaa.
I solved the problem with a software to disable the key in the registry

The 4 key is obviously damaged, or the circuit for the 4 key is damaged. Either way, the laptop thinks you're holding down '4'. The beep in the startup is because '4' is being 'pressed', and it's not a system command (like pressing 'delete' is). Also, any key will do that if you hold it down during startup.

The 4 key is obviously damaged, or the circuit for the 4 key is damaged. Either way, the laptop thinks you're holding down '4'. The beep in the startup is because '4' is being 'pressed', and it's not a system command (like pressing 'delete' is). Also, any key will do that if you hold it down during startup.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom