Dominator 2000C7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaymate

Golden Master
Well I spent a small fortune on this kit of memory. CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 / PC3 16000 / 2000MHz / 7-8-7-20 / 1.65v

corsair2000.jpg

And I figured it was going to be more than my system can really handle on air but it should be good for some quick benchmarks.

I plugged them in and they ran fine at my old speeds. Getting them to run stable at lower latencies is proving to be a little tricky with the TRUE Copper. With my cpu at 4.2GHz HT enabled and the memory at 1600MHz 6-6-6-20-54-1T I'm pushing the HI 70'sC on a few of the cores. I don't think you can get any closer to 80C, I've never been this hot, luckily I never run it at 100% for long and my idle temps are good and chilly.

160066620541t.jpg

I'm sure it will run at 2000MHz at the same settings I used for benchmarking before. But will it run faster? I'll be posting more on that this weekend I hope :D

As bad as I hate it I might of forced myself into watercooling if I want to max everything out :sad:

I put the old ram in my office PC for a total of 12GB. The OCZ 2000MHz was all right but I think most of the std. 2000MHz kits from Mushkin or G.Skill will run just as good and they cost a lot less than what I paid. Check your email Soul :D

I finally got my temps down a little more but summer is just starting. I used RealTemp and HW Monitor this time. You'll notice RealTemp reports a lower Idle Temp but a higher Load Temp than HW Monitor. I really like HW Monitor because of all the extra information given, but I use RealTemp for everyday usage.

1600good.jpg

And I'd like to point out that it has taken 5 days to get the all settings just right for everyday use. I haven't even tried to raise any of my Benchmark scores yet. Overclocking is Hard. Or lets say Overclocking is Hard to do Properly. When you spend a few hours for a 4GHz+/- overclock and you don't understand why or how I can get that little bit extra. It's because I spend hours trying hundreds of different combinations.

Here's all the setting I'm using right now. But remember, you can have the exact same hardware as mine and you'll probably still have to use different settings for optimal performance.

Mother Board ( EVGA E760 Classified )
Drivers ( 9.1.1.1025 )
Bios ( E76049 )
CPU ( i7 920 )
CPU Cooler ( TRUE Copper )
Memory ( Corsair Dominator GT 2000C7 )
PSU ( CM 1250w )
GPU ( 2x EVGA GTX 480 )
Drivers ( 197.75 )
Operating System ( Win 7 64 )

Frequency Control
CPU Clock Ratio ( 20X )