Please Help! Asus g50v fan issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

okemo

Beta member
Hi everyone, i am about at the end of my rope trying to fix this problem with my computer so i decided to request the help of this forum as this looks like a good place to go for help!

I own an Asus g50v laptop that i bought at bestbuy a year ago. After many hours of use, the fan began to slow down and the computer would get really hot. Eventually after not attending to this problem, the problem became so bad that the fan would just not work at all and my computer would overheat and instantly shut off.

I bought a replacement fan off the asus website and installed it. I am pretty sure it was the correct fan and i am also pretty sure i installed it correctly. Problem solved right? Wrong.

After installing the new fan which seemed to work great by the way, my computer would just shut down every time windows 7 would try to boot up. I would get a message that was something like "your hardware may not be compatible with your software" or something like that, i cant remember because i dont get that message any more. I don't get that message because i bought a new windows 7 installation cd and started a-new (or so i thought).

After reinstalling the OS i am able to log into my desktop, but it seems like every time the fan kicks in, my computer would just shut off. I may have fried something inside the computer by running it with the broken fan, or the software may be having problems with the new hardware.

I can usually fix computer problems, but for this one i really could use help from this forum before i give up and bring it somewhere to see if i can get it fixed.

This is in a laptop? are you sure the fan is plugged in correctly? Your OS should not be the factor an Overheating.

So is it possible to "fry" a cpu or something if you run the computer constantly without a fan, like i did? Than why can i log into my desktop, only to have the computer shut off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom