Guy messed up my laptop....

Status
Not open for further replies.

askquest1on

In Runtime
Well i bought a ASUS n61J and some dude told me a bunch of BS saying he would remove all the bloatware etc ******** , and now my computer is running slower than ever and has more programs i dont even need, is there a way to reformat the laptop so i can start fresh again. TY

If you got a recovery disc or OEM disc, you can use that to reformat to the original state or even a fresh install. You can also buy an original OS disc and reformat. Can't you just uninstall all the crap you don't need? Also if you're gonna reformat, I would suggest you download all the drivers before so you would not have to trouble of looking for them after.

when i got the laptop it didnt come with any recovery disc, but the laptop always ask me if i want to create a recovery disc which i was planning on doing but didn't 4 blank DVD disc available. If i were to create a recovery disc as of now and use it will my computer be back at factory settings?

Not totally sure but I think if you already have stuff installed and created a recovery disc, it will be restored to which ever point you made it, which means everything would still be installed. Like I said I'm not totally sure but that's the drift I got from it.

Also:
A recovery disc is a general term for media containing a backup of the original factory condition or favored condition of a computer as configured by an original equipment manufacturer or an end-user.
Recovery disc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for that, not sure if you get to choose what you would like in your recovery disc, best thing to do is reformat and reinstall or does the laptop have any restore points?

Normally if it has a recovery partition, you can see it in "My Computer" as a separate partition normally named something similar to "Recovery". Not sure about the requesting a disc from ASUS, you might be better off buying an OS disc separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom