I need help installing WinME

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes i know windows ME sucks. I need to make sure though, for windows 98 is there just a floppy and a cd. For windows me nothing happens and it wont enter the install program. For windows 98 it gets through everything w/ the floppy and then when it comes to the part w/ the disk it stops. ( it might just be the cdrom drive

hmm, OK thats not a problem if you dont have bootdisk, do you have floppy drive?

go to

www.bootdisk.com

and download the boot disk image from there, DOS 5, DOS 6.

when downloaded, on clicking it will ask you to insert blank floppy drive. and it will copy whole bootable image + few more files that are important in formatting and else on floppy.

boot your ssytem with that floppy, and once A: comes, go into B: (as then B: will be your floppy drive)

locate the command Format there, and format your Hard Drive, writing command format c:

that will foramt your hard drive on FAT32 system, and you can instal win98/ME.

it maybe stalling due to the floppy interface. Disconnect the floppy ribon and boot of the me cd and see where that gets you.

So just download the files DOS 5 and 6 and then boot my computer with that?

Also I'm not sure what you mean by this:

boot your ssytem with that floppy, and once A: comes, go into B: (as then B: will be your floppy drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom