What is the best way to test my video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi all!

Just wanted to know the best way to test my video card. I have a Galaxy 250 GTS. One is new never before used, the other is in my rig.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Soar

Furmark is only really testing how well your video card handles heat. It's not running any specific operations to actually test the features and performance of your video card.

For your card you would be best off testing it with 3DMark Vantage or actual game play.

Furmark is only really testing how well your video card handles heat. It's not running any specific operations to actually test the features and performance of your video card.

For your card you would be best off testing it with 3DMark Vantage or actual game play.

Slay, I will try both 3dMark Vantage and furmark...

The card worked fine in all games but recently it keeps freezing up when I play Delta Force Beta Extreme 2. I kind of hate it because right when the enemy has me surrounded and I am ready to mow them all down, the system will freeze for like 10-20 seconds.

I do not play games much at all, but I sure would like this Galaxy 250 GTS to do its job right!

Soar

PS Do I post the results here for analysis or are there other options?

It'll test if its artifacting and/or if the oc is stable.

That was what I thought he was looking for... a bum card.

For wshat he jusyt described, the mob of enemies, your right, vantage or 3dmark is a better test, especially the cpu graphic test where I usually crap out at.

In his 1st post he didn't mention any problems, he just wanted to test the card. So Furmark didn't sound like his best option. But if he is having issues then Furmark is definitely a valuable tool.

However the game your having problems with is a Beta? So the problem your having maybe game or driver related and not your hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom