Apple dethrons Microsoft as top US tech company...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
Well, in terms of market VALUE anyway thanks to a high stock price
Amazing how you can own >10% of the computer market and be 3rd (possibly 4th soon) in the smartphone market - both of which are your major runners (next to iPod) yet be the top tech company...

Gotta love those market speculators!

Apple dethrones Microsoft as top US tech company - Yahoo! Canada Finance

NEW YORK (AFP) - Apple, maker of the Macintosh computer, the iPod, iPhone and iPad, dethroned software giant Microsoft on Wednesday as the largest US technology company in terms of market value.

edit: and just some food for thought. If M$ was at the same price, it would be approx $2.1 Trillion market value.

Apple pumps all kinds of funds into marketing for a reason. If people only bought it based on its own merits it would be a fourth of its current size if not dead. Apple can only survive by trying to ping itself off of Microsoft.

The funny thing is that Apple doesn't tell the whole story. OS-whatever works like it does because Apple has an iron fist on the hardware (just try to upgrade an Apple...). Windows is only software as MS doesn't make their own computers, and it has to be able to run on almost anything. If Apple was honest about all of that up front then only the hardcore fanbois would buy their stuff.

I wouldn't have a problem with Apple if they didn't always make everything they do seem revolutionary. Look at the iPhone commercials. In one of them, they advertise that the iPhone is capable of using Google Maps to search for a business. My phone from 5 f***ing years ago was capable of that!

Watch these videos, they're great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40AthIcKMbE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKAm1OmdFfU

my sony ericsson from 4 years ago does more then the phone, multitask, i can use any browser, I can run any java app I want for free. I can video and picture message, the list goes on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom