Not open for further replies.

Rivethead

Beta member
Alright, I have an Alienware M15x laptop:
Intel Core i7 720 1.7GHz Stealth and 2.7GHz Turbo
4GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600
NVIDIA GTX 260M
Win7

I was wondering if it would play Battlefield 2, or is the game is too old for it? I've always loved that game, and I want to play it again. I've tried the demo, and it seemed to work, but then stopped for no reason - I think it was an error on my part, though.

Would it be a waste to buy the game, or do I need to do some tweaking on the settings to make it run?

Thanks.

You need to mess with the settings in BF2 to make it work for you. Laptops have a problem with heat. If it doesn't work on full, take it down bit by bit until it is stable. Might want to run HWMonitor as well, see how hot your GPU gets.

That laptop should be able to max the crap out of bf2. How are you thinking he is going to have to lower settings?

It will eat BF2 alive. I played BF2 on a s938 3200+ with a 7800GTX way back when I put this rig together. You should be able to max everything and still get insane frame rates.

BF2 can be temperamental, though. be sure to search for the threads on here that dealt with the problems some had. Also, you may have to run BF2 in compatibility mode (I don't remember if I have to or not... been too long since I played it).

Heat should not be a problem unless you have broke fans/heatsinks inside.. As I could and did play BF2 on a Celron D and xfx 5200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom