Windows won't work! Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plora2003

Solid State Member
Hey guys, ok so tonight I was playing a game and surfing the web when a little yellow pop-up appeared, "Updates are ready for your computer, click here to install these updates." This was a windows updater thing, so of course I clicked "Ok" and it started downloading the updates from Microsoft. So I continued to surf the web and check my emails and the such when a box kept asking me to reboot so that the updates would finish seting up.

When I restarted my computer it booted up normally and then I logged in to my account. When it started to load all my programs the screen went blank, then it came back, then went blank again, then came back and so on. It just keeps logging on and off it seems like. Maybe 5 seconds between phases, so it won't let me do anything. I logged onto the other account on the computer and the same thing happend.

Has anyone had this happen to their computer? Anyone have any clue as to what is going on ? If so, how do I fix it? All your help is very appreciated, thanks!

Pablo

Thanks for the fast reply Blind_Arrow.

I really am not sure if I have system restore ON. Is there a quick way to check, seeing as though I can't really go in and check up on things becuase the screen resets every 4-6 seconds.

I do have Service Pack 2 though, I know that for sure.

you fell for the Woo Woo.

you got a virus

windows will never have a yellow box pop and tell you that your updates are ready to install.

a hacker will

The yellow icon at the bottom right hand of my screen next to my clock that is always there, is what asked me to install the update. The yellow icon that appears on any Windows XP/Pro computer. I seriously doubt this was a hacker thing.. anyone else experience this or hear of it?

you said yellow pop-up previously

not icon

a hacker's fav trick is to act like it is something legit from window's

and whenyou click yes

they get you

Ok, it's the yellow icon at the bottom of the screen. There is a small pop-up that stems from that icon telling you that "There are new critical updates available for your computer blah blah blah" Any Ideas?

I already had sp2 before my computer downloaded the update. I don't think it was that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom